If you have the technical leadership and extensive hands-on full-stack development experience and skills to oversee the design, development, deployment and on-going sustainment of high-profile I&IT platforms supporting significant government business lines, we are looking for you to come join the Children, Youth and Social Services I&IT Cluster.
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy
and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint
pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code
. Refer to the "How to apply" section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
- Provide authoritative technical leadership and expertise to oversee the design, development, deployment and on-going sustainment of high-profile I&IT platforms supporting significant government business lines and resolve complex systems problems and critical incidents
- Responsible for front-end and back-end development and ensure smooth integration between different application components
- Lead and participate in collaborative enterprise-wide or cross-jurisdictional projects and activities
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and leadership to the design and development project team
- You have advanced knowledge and experience with systems/platform architecture, design, development, deployment and integration principles, practices, and technology.
- You have advanced knowledge of system integration principles, practices, tools and techniques of multiple components in multiple design platforms.
- You have experience with Cloud-based solutions, DevOps, and infrastructure-as-code.
- You have experience with CI/CD tools such as Git, Docker, Ansible, Helm, Kubernetes, Jenkins, or any equivalent tools
- You have knowledge of current and emerging I&IT trends, operational methods and technologies, including microservices architecture, software, networks, databases, applications, systems integration, technology infrastructure and cloud services, artificial intelligence, testing and implementation methodology.
- You have in-depth knowledge of the information technologies, applications, industry and computer languages specific to the program systems(s) currently in use.
- You have the demonstrated ability to lead multiple concurrent project teams, including managing resources, assigning work, monitoring performance and quality of service and deliverables, explaining work procedures.
- You can be persuasive to present IT strategies and solutions, provide authoritative advice for resolving contentious systems issues, lead client/stakeholder consultations and lead projects to successful conclusion.
- You have the ability to identify, assess appropriate IT solutions to meet complex requirements, evaluating technical performance and capacity of existing and new systems options.
- You can ensure the application of best practices for technology design, development, deployment and operation, for multiple complex system platforms.
- You can develop systems integration strategies, identify and assess the impacts of new solutions or enhancements on existing services and infrastructure for performance, sustainability and robustness.
- You can understand, assess and develop solutions for mitigating risk.
- You can assess and resolve critical incidents and develop protocols for dealing with/avoiding future incidents.
- You have demonstrated knowledge of current methodologies pertaining to system analysis, design, development, testing and implementation methods, data, applications, networking and security.
- You have demonstrated knowledge of project management principles, methodology, tools and best practices to lead and manage multiple complex system design and delivery projects.
- You have the demonstrated ability to plan and lead all phases of complex multi-ministry and jurisdictional projects, including estimating and ensuring availability of technical resources; and resolve competing priorities, conflicting deadlines and resourcing issues.
- You can develop appropriate performance measure for project evaluation and assess or develop contingency plans.
- You have demonstrated consultation and collaboration skills to lead consultations with clients and provide authoritative and persuasive technical expertise.
- You have demonstrated negotiation skills to negotiate customer service agreements and resource requirements, develop project scope and timelines; manage resources over multiple concurrent projects and ensure optimal service delivery.
- You have relationship management skills to lead meetings, discuss/determine priorities and resourcing, change management directions and problem resolution.