BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
Util-Assist is a leading consulting and services company to electric, water, and gas utilities, with customers throughout Canada and the United States. Utilities today are undergoing an exciting digital transformation; the widespread deployment of smart grid technologies and renewable energy sources is colliding with customer demand for electric vehicles, energy savings, and better customer experiences to produce a dramatic shift in how utilities do business. Util-Assist is at the forefront of that shift.
Our vision is to be the trusted partner in driving digital innovation that reshapes the utility landscape. To bring that vision to life, Util-Assist is leading the way in helping utilities take advantage of the latest developments in utility IT, with growing practices for data analytics and customer experience consulting building on our well-established smart grid procurement and implementation management services. Our managed services division leverages advancements in utility IT systems to deliver a variety of services to utility customers, including outage communications management, managed billing, and AI-enabled substation security monitoring.
Teamwork is key to the success of the Util-Assist family; mutual respect, cooperation, and honesty are hallmarks of our principles. We offer a range of energizing, multi-disciplinary careers in a high-tech industry, with great potential for development and advancement as both the industry and our company continue to grow. Util-Assist’s flexible work environment allows you to work from anywhere, letting you choose the work arrangements that make the most sense for you. We will give you the tools and support to succeed in our business, wherever you are.
We are firmly committed to fostering a welcoming, positive, and diverse workplace. Thanks to our outstanding culture, we are the proud recipients of several national and local awards, including the Employee Recommended Workplace Award (three years running), the York Region Business of the Year award, and the Newmarket Large Business of the Year Award.
We’re excited to meet you! Learn more about Util-Assist at www.util-assist.com.
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for implementing and analyzing , which includes:
- Planning processes for development, testing, and deployment
- Develop/enhance business systems and recommend system controls and protocols.
- Consult with stakeholders to identify and document operational requirements to determine system functionality requirements
- Document requirements, technical configurations, business process maps, and training materials
- Adhere to Util-Assist’s standards and best practices for the delivery, implementation, and maintenance of systems
- Provide senior-level support for utility-based systems and solutions
- Manage and lead project and enhancements delivery in full , including post-implementation review/warranty, ensuring project and enhancement objectives and deliverables are met
- Perform analysis to understand and communicate production problem patterns and suggest continuous improvements
- Design new programs by analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, and documenting specifications
- Perform cost-benefit analysis of system development and/or modifications and provide effort estimates
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Intermediate process mapping skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and manage priorities simultaneously
- Advanced database querying skills (SQL, PLSQL)
- Intermediate data modeling skills
- Intermediate MS Office skills
- Basic financial management skills
- Intermediate project management skills
- Knowledge of cloud-based systems and applications is desirable (Azure, AWS, Google)
- Knowledge of SAP-IS-U and Oracle CC&B applications is desirable
- Knowledge of agile methodologies is desirable
- Experience with enterprise-level IT infrastructure is desirable
- Experience working with cloud-based data visualization tools desirable (Tableau, Power BI)
- Certification in one or more of the following is desirable (Incident Management, Scrum, Business/Data/System Analysis, Agile Project Management, SAP, Database Management)
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in a utility environment an asset
- Hybrid office environment
- When safe to do so, the ability to travel to new and existing client sites throughout Canada and the U.S.
- The ability to secure a U.S. visa to enable work in the U.S. or a Canadian visa to work in Canada
- A successful SIN and passport clearance along with a police vulnerability check is required
- In order to satisfy our obligation to provide a safe and healthy work environment and to meet the needs and standards of our clients, the successful candidate will be required, as a condition of employment, to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 in accordance with Util-Assist’s vaccination policy. Util-Assist will comply with its obligations under applicable human rights legislation to accommodate the successful candidate if unable to receive the vaccine due to medical and/or religious reasons, up to the point of undue hardship. Additionally, if the successful candidate does not provide proof of vaccination, Util-Assist will consider whether the inability to provide proof of vaccination was the result of a lack of availability of the vaccine at the time of offer, or because the start date does not allow for vaccination prior to commencing work, and/or the successful candidate's reason for not being vaccinated. Failure to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 may result in an offer of employment being rescinded
- A competitive base salary
- Work-life balance with flexible working arrangements (including working from home during the pandemic)
- The opportunity to work with an innovative company that is on the leading edge of technology
- Plenty of opportunity for career advancement in a fast-growing company
- A results-driven environment
- True team collaboration
- A fun, social, award-winning culture
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Hybrid workforce
- Flexible working hours
- Career development opportunities
- Parental leave top-up
- Three (3) month waiting period to be enrolled into benefits for a full-time employee
- Benefits (through Sun Life) – 100% employer paid
- Vision – $200 every 24 months
- Dental – 80% for preventative and basic procedures, with a max $2,500 per person every 12 months
- Long term disability – 75% of your monthly basic earnings up to a maximum of $8,000
- Life insurance – employee life $25,000, spouse $10,000, child $5,000
- Retirement Plan – 3 month waiting period to join, matching by Util-Assist begins after 1 year of employment
- Matching 1-4 years: up to 2% of earnings
- Matching 5-7 years: up to 3% of earnings
- Matching 8+ years: up to 4% of earnings
Individuals interested in applying please submit resume and cover letter by:
July 28, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest in Util-Assist; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Util-Assist is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.