Requisition ID: 868
Why Choose IMP Aerospace & Defence:
IMP Aerospace & Defence is not only one of the leading companies in the Aerospace field, but we are also one of the most engaging and equality advocating companies to work for. We believe that regardless of where you work at IMP Aerospace & Defence, you are a part of our ever-growing team. IMP is able to achieve success through this teamwork mindset. That is why at IMP, you are not defined by your role.
To provide data management support to Engineering, acquire, store, control and distribute engineering and relevant administrative data. To control and maintain the Engineering Technical Publication Library as well as related Civilian Aircraft Technical Publications.
- Review new and revised technical drawings for correctness.
- Prepare release documentation for Engineering Data and Documentation.
- Maintain and update drawing databases.
- Assign electronic and hard copy storage locations.
- Reproduce and distribute drawings or other engineering data in satisfaction of incoming EDRs.
- Support Materiel in provision of subcontract data and documentation per PO requirement.
- Support Production in the timely release and distribution of data and documentation
- Administration of Adobe Rights Management software, including creating profiles and application
- Reproduction of data and documentation through the use of scanners and large format printers, including troubleshooting as required. Interface with OEM to limit equipment downtime.
- Distribute and amend publications.
- Maintain database files.
- Maintain and update Subcontractor Libraries
- Carry out scheduled Library audits, including internal and external holdings.
- Daily access and use of DND DWAN
- Receive and dispatch data from internal and external sources.
- Carry out routine Quality Control checks.
- Maintain registers and indexes on computer databases.
- Respond to requests for engineering data from all Aerospace departments
- Support data requirements from Electronic Systems.
- Verify contents of all incoming data shipments.
- Safeguard and disposal of classified material IAW regulations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Data management course from a recognized institution or equivalent work experience.
- Five-years’ experience in data management or technical library.
- Detailed knowledge of data management procedures and DND Aerospace Administration procedures.
- Good knowledge of aircraft technical terminology and related specifications and standards.
- Good computer skills including familiarization with document management software such as MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Access.
- Experience in manipulating computer databases.
- Recent work experience in an Aircraft environment.
- Flexible, Productive, and consistently works to high standards.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Secret Level II Security Clearance through PSPC- Contract Security Program, and Transport Canada RAIC clearance.
- All of IMP's benefits become effective on your first day of work, regardless of your position.
- We offer a comprehensive Benefits Package, including RSP Program, Holiday Incentive program (3 additional days off over Christmas), Tuition Reimbursement Program, Long Service Awards, Volunteer Grant Program, Scholarship Program, and more!
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.