Halifax, NS Engineering Experienced Full-time - Permanent
This position is based at our facility in Hackett's Cove, with the option of hybrid work.
As an entrepreneurial minded Product Management & Marketing Specialist at Nautel, you are where our business goals and technology products meet. You will be responsible for the guiding the international success of your products. Your influence will span from helping to define products and product strategy right through to launch and outbound marketing activities for your products. You will craft the messaging and positioning for products. You'll conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. You will become the expert on competitors and buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria. Your market feedback and analysis will also help you to support our design team in defining product strategies and "what's next" for Nautel and our customers.
Other core responsibilities will include:
- Champion all aspects of strategy and go-to-market planning over the lifecycle of your assigned products.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates your products in the market
- Product evangelist: Spokesperson for Nautel at live speaking events, webinars, videos, and broadcast customers.
- Develop product requirements: Working with other marketing and engineering team members participate in the creation of requirements to best serve our customers.
- Sales enablement - communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products
- Product launch - plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Market intelligence - be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition
- Demand generation - develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand for your products
- Create product content (e.g. sales enablement documentation, brochures, case studies, product videos, website copy, blog posts) to articulate the benefits of our products to the world.
- Create Business cases for product and marketing initiatives and gain endorsement from senior management
- Analyze and synthesize sales, marketing, competitive, pricing and biz case data to develop strategies. Prepare succinct briefing reports for senior management
What you'll need
Skills & Experience:
- Engineer, technologist, or broadcast engineering certification combined with business acumen, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with RF and IP systems.
- Sales and marketing experience is an asset as is an entrepreneurial mindset
- Digital marketing, product marketing, and/or product management skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills - there is a heavy amount of writing and presenting/selling ideas in this role.
- Proven analytical skills and a competitive mindset
- Willing to travel (including international) 20%-25%
- Prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity. This role requires you to work across functions and departments to bring the product to life. You are at the center of our entire organization, constantly interacting with teammates and prospects.
- This position will appeal to intermediate and senior broadcast industry candidates, but more junior, technology savvy candidates with strong business aptitude and interest, may also be considered with an opportunity to grow your career.
We're looking for
Communication Electrical Engineering Electronics Technology Product Management RF Sales and marketing
A little bit about us
Nautel is an award-winning company founded and headquartered in Nova Scotia. Nautel has earned an international reputation as a world leader in the design and manufacture of highly specialized large scale communications equipment. Nautel is home to over 225 employees spread across 4 locations and spanning three countries. At Nautel, we feel fortunate to be leaders in an industry that serves billions of people worldwide by supporting the delivery of critical news and information to those who need it. We believe that new ideas and fostering an innovative culture is fundamental to our success, and we encourage our people to embrace these same principles. Nautel is a cutting-edge company where employees work within a team-based environment, and the effort of every team member is integral to our success.
We understand that there is no such thing as a perfect candidate, and you do not need to have 100% of the listed requirements in order to apply. You do need to feel energized by the opportunity and want to work as part of our team and operate demonstrating the behaviours below.
At Nautel, we are people who:
Work as part of a team, Are accountable for our actions, Operate with integrity, Understand the customers' view, Challenge the status quo and embrace change, Communicate effectively, Operate with safety as a priority.
Nautel values diversity; we are committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, equitable, inclusive and collaborative workplace.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise us.
Background checks will be undertaken for all roles.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
If this looks like an opportunity where you can use and develop your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.