We are one of Southern Ontario’s leading farm mutual insurance companies. We insure our neighbour’s homes, farms, automobiles, and commercial ventures.
We are currently seeking professional, energetic, and enthusiastic individuals to join our exclusive sales agent team. Successful candidates will be charged with providing insurance advice to a portfolio of policyholders for home, auto, farm and business insurance.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years property casualty insurance experience, excellent verbal, and written communication skills, be working towards industry credential such as CIP, CRM or CAIB, and be committed to ongoing learning and professional development.
Responsibilities & Duties Include:
- Develop Relationships with New and Existing Policyholders by delivering exceptional customer service including “kitchen table” service to attract and retain policyholders.
- Provide service to policyholders on renewal and throughout the policy period; handle questions and general inquires, recommend, and provide increased limits or coverage.
- Solicit new business to support corporate growth strategies.
- Adhere to all Cayuga Mutual Insurance underwriting guidelines, system, and company regulations.
- Work collaboratively with all departments and colleagues.
- Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the organization’s values, code of conduct and business ethics.
- Responsible for the quality and timeliness of all policy documentation processing; new business, renewals, endorsements, and cancellations.
- Participate in community events and/or opportunities to promote the Cayuga Mutual brand to our target audience.
- Flexibility in work hours outside of the usual 9 to 5 time frame.
- OTL or RIBO license preferred.
- 3 to 5 years related insurance experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Passion for Sales and Service
- Strong knowledge of insurance products, wordings, and insurance contract law.
- Working towards industry credentials such as CIP, CRM or CAIB
- Preference for candidate with a CIP designation or actively pursuing.
- Farming background preferred.
Note: Cayuga Mutual Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
Supplemental pay types:
We adhere to Health and Safety guidelines as published by Ministry of Public Health.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cayuga, ON N0A 1E0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Insurance Sales: 3 years (required)
- OTL or RIBO licence (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Cayuga, ON N0A 1E0
Application deadline: 2023-06-09