Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion.
We are currently searching for Front End Driver to join our team. Drivers are responsible for ensuring their material collection route is completed on schedule that recycling/waste is collected, transported and offloaded at transfer stations or recycling facilities in the prescribed manner.
What will you do?
- Safe and efficient operation of vehicles with air brakes;
- Drive the assigned truck along designated commercial routes to mechanically collect solid waste and recycling and take it to the designated end destination, either transfer station or recycling facility as dispatched;
- Have the ability to work independently and without assistance while manoeuvring truck into and out of minimum clearance spaces, using mirrors and truck cameras to back distances up to 120 feet.
- Cleans loose trash off truck and / or ground around truck and container that spills during the dumping process to maintain clean customer sites and safety along roads and highways. Visually scan customer site before and after dumping bin as well as ensuring each and every load on the truck is secure for transport.
- Drive and load recycling/ collection vehicle;
- Conduct daily inspection of vehicle and accurately complete related documentation;
- Communicate with supervisor regarding concerns or suggestions;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time;
What will you bring?
- AZ or DZ license;
- Minimum 2 years working Front End driving and Roll Off Experience
- Prepared to work minimum 10 hours per day;
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Experience in the waste and recycling industry an asset;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Ability to read, write and perform minor mathematical calculations;
- Basis computer skills;
- Must be available for overtime work as required;
- Clean drivers’ abstract and CVOR;
What do we have to offer you?
Competitive starting rate;
Comprehensive Group Insurance Plan;
A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now! We appreciate all applicants who apply however only those who are qualified, will be contacted.
Emterra Group is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair, and diverse environment. Any applicants who have a disability or require reasonable accommodation may speak directly with our dedicated Talent Acquisition and Recruitment Specialists. Reasonable accommodations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.