Join our team and make a difference! We are passionate about taking care of our customers and ensuring we are there when they need us most. With over 200 community branches and 2,700 employees, we’re proud to say that BrokerLink has become one of Canada’s largest and most reliable insurance brokerages. We know how to serve you better because we know where you’re coming from. It’s the personal touch that counts!
We have an opening for an Account Executive to join our Commercial Insurance team located at our branch offices in New Glasgow and Truro, NS!
Responsible for development and maintenance of a prospect list, through direct solicitation, as well as all sales and service of a book of business. Accountable for decisions made on all aspects of prospecting, as well as selling and servicing clients as per performance standards. Coordinate with and advise clients and Commercial Account Manager on claims or loss settlements.
What you will be doing:
- Sell commercial insurance policies
- Develop and maintain a prospect list
- Build and maintain excellent customer relationships, including visiting customer sites
- Keep abreast of market knowledge, products, and pricing issues and opportunities
- Prepare proposals, and arrange for account placement with the insurance carriers
- Gather and document relevant information to ensure the customer receives the appropriate coverage's and service
- Maintain good quality in the book of business by adhering to underwriting rules and good business practices
- Arrange payment terms for new business sales and the timely collection of payments
- Support customers with the claims process
- Proactively contribute to the effectiveness and work quality of the department
What you bring to the table:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Excellent communication; capacity to coach support staff
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure and deadlines
- Able to work both individually/entrepreneurial, as well as in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; multi-tasking
- 5-7+ years Industry, sales and customer service experience
- Commitment to continual learning: CIP, CAIB designation or working towards completion
What’s in it for you:
- Commitment to your growth and development
- Flexibility in how and where you work
- A competitive compensation package
- Flexible health and dental benefits package
- An RRSP with a company matching component
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ environment
- Be a part of a company that is one of Canada’s best employers (Named by Kincentric in 2021)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BrokerLink is committed to providing an accessible environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process
At BrokerLink, we know there’s more to your decision about where you work than just the work itself. We know that helping our people achieve their career goals in a culture that offers growth and balance is what sets us apart. Our commitment to our employees is to offer workplace benefits that set the standard for them and their families. Along with a professional and fulfilling work environment, we provide competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit programs and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Our values help guide us and our commitment to excel in all aspects of our business. Joining our team means you’ll have the opportunity to live our values.
Discover more about BrokerLink! Visit our new dedicated Webpage.
At BrokerLink, we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that inspires each of us to be the best we can be. Join our team and make a difference!