Master, for over 70 years
We lead in HVAC-R and have been recognized among Canada's best-managed companies since 2010. As the foremost private HVAC-R distributor in the nation, we have over 1,300 active employees across 55+ branches, 4 distribution centers, spanning from British Columbia to the Atlantic provinces, and 19 branches in the United States.
A Great Place To Work
At Master, we offer a dynamic, stimulating, and enjoyable environment. With a strong belief in healthy and open communication, we embrace a close approach with all our colleagues. Teamwork is integral to our values, and it is through it that we achieve our greatest successes.
The incumbent will supervise the work of the commercial & Industrial HVAC Inside Sales Representatives. He/she will manage the quote requests from clients, the inside sales teams, the shop drawings for approvals from the sales teams, the management of orders and deliveries of equipment. Also, he/she will be responsible for the training of the team, the project planning closures and validation of projects before closing.
What you will accomplish with us:
- Lead and manage the commercial/Industrial inside sales team, including recruiting, onboarding, training, coaching and performance management;
- Supervise the team’s daily tasks, validate and assign projects while ensuring deadlines are met;
- Manage new projects (ex. estimate email inbox) and various tender requests;
- Support sales teams in their efforts to competitively and profitably quote customer requests;
- Monitor key department metrics to ensure prompt response times to sales/customer
- Manage the various construction sites visits;
- Work closely with regional leadership and various departments to support the Master
business and continuously improve workflow and process;
- Manage project board and validate bids;
- Answer technical questions;
- Prepare project estimation meeting daily;
- Assess the technical content of plans and specifications to determine bidding strategy;
- Manage new drawing project requests;
- Manage and follow up on drawings, all orders and delivery requests;
- Participate in consulting engineer firm meetings and lunch and learns;
- Conduct Quotation software training for on-boarding of employees;
- Provide weekly report on quoted rooftop status and quoting activities.
What You Bring to Our Team:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the field of HVAC;
- Minimum experience of 5 years in sales;
- Experience in managing or supervising staff;
- Computer literate;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Good interpersonal skills and team player;
- Good analytical skills and able to support his/her convictions;
- Good communicator;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Proven talent for planning, organization and time management;
- Ability to make decisions and exercise autonomy;
- Good negotiation and sales skills;
- Ability to convince customers;
- Initiative and resourcefulness.
Competitive Benefits: In addition to a rewarding career within our team, we offer
Medical and dental coverage from day one, along with short and long-term disability protection
Contribution to a collective registered retirement savings plan upon starting your role.
Wellness spending account
An employee assistance program including psychological, financial, and legal support.
Access to telemedicine from the beginning of your employment.
Reimbursement of professional association membership fees.
Early vacation program.
Flexible remote work policy