To unlock a sustainable future, we apply our combined expertise to create a positive impact for the planet and future generations.
At Matrix Solutions we collaborate across services, disciplines, and geographies to solve environmental challenges together – motivated to do better for our clients, each other, and the communities where we live and work. We deliver responsive, locally connected, and scalable solutions to help our clients achieve their ambitious goals for a more sustainable and resilient future.
WHO WE ARE
One of Canada’s leading providers of environmental consulting and engineering services. With a proud history of nearly 40 years delivering innovative, pragmatic, and sustainable solutions for public and private sector clients. Matrix is a proud part of Montrose Environmental Group, with a network of teammates across 90+ locations around the world.
WHAT WE DO
We partner with clients and communities to solve challenges. It’s our job to unlock solutions that shape a resilient future where our clients, people, communities, and environment thrive.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Our team is made up of diverse people working collaboratively towards common goals. We value the contributions and perspectives of all employees and are committed to equity and diversity initiatives to create a feeling of belonging for all of our people. When we are inclusive and diverse in a way that reflects the broader world we serve, we are able to draw from a wider community of excellence within the regions we operate.
Are you looking to…
- Collaborate on multi-disciplinary planning projects, such as environmental assessments and large infrastructure projects
- Build relationships with existing and new clients and partners across Ontario and throughout Canada
- Have autonomy and the opportunity to interact and work with a community of technical experts from other Matrix regions
- Join a well-respected mid-sized employee-owned environmental consulting company
As an Environmental Planner, you will join our Guelph or Mississauga, Ontario office as part of our Eastern Natural Sciences Team of planners, ecologists, geoscientists, and engineers. The successful applicant will be a leader that will contribute to the growth of the team and will be involved in a broad range of projects across the region with responsibilities as follows:
- Collaborate with private and public sector clients, approval agencies, sub-consultants, and subcontractors.
- Manage and provide leadership and technical input on environmental assessment, planning, design and construction projects
- Engaging and liaising with stakeholders, including conservation authorities, municipal, provincial and federal governments and the public
- Coordinate with internal project team across disciplines, including engineers, hydrogeologists and ecologists
- Leverage existing client relationships and cultivate new relationships to generate business development opportunities
- Prepare and/or review technical reports, proposals and cost estimates for multi-disciplinary projects
- Mentor and develop junior and intermediate staff members
What We Are Looking For
- A minimum of 8 years of planning experience in a consulting or directly related role.
- Planning experience with environmental management on large infrastructure and construction projects within Ontario is considered an asset
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in environmental planning, urban planning, geography, environmental science, or a related field
- Knowledge and working experience with regulatory requirements such Municipal Class EA process and the Canadian Impact Assessment Act
- Experience working with Metrolinx or MTO projects is considered an asset
- Ability to work on a variety of projects in various sectors (e.g., urban, transportation, infrastructure, oil and gas, wind and hydropower).
- Experience engaging with stakeholders including First Nations, municipal governments, conservation authorities and the private sector
- Technical abilities in the areas of ecological study design and coordination of large field programs is considered an asset
- Strong project management skills, including developing and monitoring of budgets, approved project scope and schedule, organizational skills, staff supervision and team communications.
- Business development experience backed by a superior track record of building productive client relationships.
- Strong organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, plan, schedule, and coordinate various activities relating to projects and proposal submissions.
- Valid G class driver’s license is required.
Why Choose Matrix
At Matrix you will be part of an amazing community of collaborative people who live our purpose and valuesand bring industry-leading technical expertise to their work every day. We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes RRSP matching, vacation + ‘Me’ days, and profit sharing. We are also committed to flexible work hours and schedules, team-based work, and cross-training opportunities.
Click the Apply button.
Are you the one we're looking for? Please apply to us directly. As a note, we are not accepting third party agency applicants at this time.
Matrix is committed to providing a safe and productive work environment and to promoting the health, safety and well-being of our employees. In keeping with our Health & Safety Policy, individuals in safety sensitive positions are subject to pre-employment, pre-access (and in some client cases, random) alcohol & drug testing as well as drivers abstract reviews.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We welcome and promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Matrix provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources directly.
Please follow us on LinkedIn (@Matrix Solutions Inc.) for ongoing updates about our people and business.
For more information about Matrix Solutions, please visit www.matrix-solutions.comand don’t forget to our bookmark our careers page.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Are you legally authorized to work in Canada?
Work Location: In person