Dynamic Risk is seeking an Intermediate Business Systems Analyst to join our team in Calgary, Alberta. In this role, you will serve as a technical consultant, working closely with our clients to leverage our solutions effectively. You will be responsible for leading requirements gathering sessions, participating in data integration workshops, and drafting recommended solutions using a variety of techniques. The Intermediate Business Systems Analyst plays a critical role in delivering technical work that meets our clients' needs and contributes to the growth of Dynamic Risk's products and services in an ever-changing market condition.
WHY JOIN US? Dynamic Risk is committed to creating extraordinary value for our clients through technology and people. Our values define what we stand for and believe as a company, and our employees will tell you they are lived every day.
As a member of the Dynamic Risk team you’ll work in a collaborative environment where individual contribution and leadership is encouraged, going above and beyond is recognized and rewarded, where technical challenges are inspiring and valued, and where you’ll have direct influence on the Company’s direction and success.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO AS AN INTERMEDIATE BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
- Act as a technical resource for Dynamic Risk’s IRAS solution, developing into an independent technical consultant.
- Assist in gathering business requirements, conducting analysis, validation, and documentation for systems integration projects, with a focus on leadership in facilitating these activities.
- Create business requirements, functional specifications and technical requirements.
- Align stakeholders on business requirements, system requirements, program functions and strategy.
- Manage changing priorities to complete project delivery within defined constraints
- Work with client data to integrate into Dynamic Risk solutions
- Contribute to the continuous development of data integration methodologies, processes and documentation.
- Create test cases.
- Participate in functional design workshops for product enhancements and new products
- Act as liaison between the Technology department and other business units
- Support development of RFI/RFPs
- Promote and contribute to continuous improvement, development and innovation.
2 | P a g e
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Preferably, an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or GIS.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience working as a Business Systems Analyst or in a similar role, including experience in:
o Gathering and documenting client requirements
o Analyzing data and source systems
o Data integrations
o SQL and database knowledge
o Experience with ETL processes • PMP, BABOK, and IIBA certification is considered an asset.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines and new challenges • Strong understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies and/or professional experience working in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools such as PowerBI is an asset • Familiarity with PODS or other pipeline data models an asset
Dynamic Risk is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package, and unlimited potential for professional growth and development.