Why should you join our team?
At Access Credit Union, we support a professional and innovative work environment with a corporate culture that uniquely embraces empowerment, accountability, and trust. We recognize and value each employee's contributions to our success, which is why we offer competitive compensation, 100% company paid health benefits, employer-matched pension plan, continuing education, and career advancement opportunities within our credit union.
At Access Credit Union, our values are straightforward:
- Do good
- Be better
- Own it
- Move forward
What will you be doing?
This position is responsible for working with and managing a book of high value members as assigned by offering a full range of investment and financial planning advice. The role will work to consolidate, grow assets with existing members and referrals as well as development business that bring in new members/client with wealth.
- Uses financial planning tools to develop plans and recommendations to meet the members investing/financial planning goals; meets personal investment sales targets through advisory sales and financial planning with credit union members; analyzes and identifies member need through interview process; identifies member goals and risk tolerance; develops recommendation based on gaps determined; and collaborates with Investment Specialists to ensure members are receiving comprehensive financial planning
- Manages and grows an assigned portfolio of high value members; develops methods and processes to ensure members within the portfolio are contacted on a regular basis; ensures that the portfolio reflects the life stage and risk tolerance of the member; makes recommendations on adjustments to portfolio, as required; and drives asset consolidation among members by helping them to implement the recommended financial plan within the credit union
- Develops and executes an annual business development plan that includes techniques and methods to be utilized for securing new member accounts; builds collaborative working relationships and teamwork with branch staff to identify current and potential members with investment and financial planning need; gains introductions to members and identifies their current portfolio and investment needs; identifies and assists in developing opportunities for retail banking products and services with CU branch partners; and develops a referral network through community events, on-line social media and other networking activities.
Ensures compliance with all audit/risk management policies and procedures; adheres to applicable external agency/vendor/government regulatory requirements and standards; always maintains a professional standard of conduct while promoting a positive image of the organization; meets annual professional continuing education requirements; and maintains up to date and accurate member files, electronic and physical records, as required.
What do you need?
- Minimum 5 years of financial industry experience, including a minimum of 2 years as an IIROC licensed representative
- Valid IIROC license in good standing
- Valid Insurance license; possess or willing to obtain
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing a portfolio of member relationships.
- Successful completion of a Financial Planning program and Certified Financial Planner designation (ie, CFP, PFP)
Are you ready to?
- Be an ambassador for our brand, values and products
- Ensure things get done efficiently
- Go home each day feeling accomplished
- Challenge the status quo
- Build a career
- Continue learning
If you are interested in this position, apply today at accesscu.ca/careers. Application deadline is September 27, 2023.
We welcome diversity, value inclusion, and take pride in our vibrant corporate culture. Our team is a reflection of the members we serve and the communities we live in.
Access Credit Union welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.