Securitas, a global leader in the security industry, has been providing security services since 1899. With over 8,000 employees in 28 offices across Canada and 370,000 employees globally, we possess the experience and knowledge to offer a broad range of services including: Leading Technology Solutions, Remote Guarding, On-Site Guarding, Mobile Guarding, and Investigations.
We are seeking a District Manager for the Cambridge district for the Guarding Division. This position provides strong business leadership, ensures world-class Client service delivery and manages security operations to achieve both service and financial objectives to include coaching, training, and developing supervisors. This position is ideal for those that possess a professional business acumen and our core Company values with entrepreneurial skills and keenness for improving financial performance and leadership development.
Securitas clients span the spectrum of business industry, telecommunications, property management, government, manufacturing/logistics, pharmaceutical, aerospace and more. Your diversified experience in security operations or law enforcement will be an immense benefit to you as you meet with Securitas clientele.
- Deliver high quality customer service, meeting regularly with client representatives for status updates and to address concerns, negotiate client contracts; support client start-ups; conduct security planning, assessments and surveys; review and update post orders.
- Evaluate service quality and initiate corrective action as necessary.
- Analyze operational and financial indicators to continuously improve District performance; ensures profitable operations with full profit and loss accountability.
- Recruit, select, orient, train, and develop high caliber staff in collaboration with Area management; plan, assign, and direct work; coach employees to enhance skills and conduct performance management
- Develop and administer District budget in collaboration with Area management.
- Maintain a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures; acts to ensure that staff members understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provide input to company, Region and Area initiatives; promptly assists in the resolution of legal, financial, human resources, and administrative issues.
- Oversee District programs including equipment, supplies, uniforms and vehicles; ensures vehicles are properly maintain and administer driver training;
- Manage the scheduling and payroll of security guards and supervisors at client sites; manage the scheduling process to optimize operating results and to keep avoidable overtime to a minimum; determine best resolution to staffing issues and problems.
- Maintain site coverage at all times; tracks requests for time off including vacation and personal leave requests to ensure site coverage; respond to emergency situations, call-offs, and absences to ensure that client sites have coverage; act as call in center for remote posts.
- Ensure that accurate timekeeping, payroll, and billing data is kept; verify billing and payroll reports and corrects discrepancies; interfaces with accounts receivable and payroll departments to make corrections.
- Manage all operational processes for the District (Vision, keys, equipment, etc)
- Perform additional functions, duties and specific tasks of a similar nature and scope as necessary in order to achieve assigned business objectives.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation
- Ability to work varying hours and including on call responsibilities after hours.
- Travel required periodically for business purposes, including regular site visits in the District
- University degree and 3 or more years of experience in a field related to the security industry and/or business management, and related experience in the security industry is preferred.
- Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc
- Knowledge of business operations management including budgeting, HR and labour relations
* * Securitas Canada celebrates diversity and we welcome and encourage applications from the four designated groups; namely women, aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
keywords: security manager, manager, security operations, operations manager, garda, allied universal, security specialist, physical security, Windsor
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Windsor, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid
Securitas employees come from all walks of life, bringing with them a variety of distinctive skills and perspectives. United through our common purpose, we provide the security needed to safeguard our clients' assets and people. Our core values - Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness - are represented by the three red dots in the Securitas logo. If you live by these values, we’re looking for you to join the Securitas team.
Our Company Mission:
Securitas’ mission is to protect homes, workplaces, and communities by providing the security services they need to protect their assets, safeguard their people, and maintain their ability to generate profits.
Securitas’ core values - Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness - are the foundation for our employees to build trust with customers, colleagues, and the surrounding community.
Securitas employees are honest and trusted by customers to safeguard their premises and valuables. We don’t compromise on integrity and create an open forum for our employees and customers to voice opinions, report improprieties, and share information.
Seeing, hearing, and evaluating. A Securitas employee is always attentive and often notices things that others don’t. Their vigilance is necessary in order to be aware of potential risks or incidents that may take place on our customers’ premises.
As part of an on-going effort to ensure safety, Securitas employees are always ready to help if an incident occurs that requires intervention regardless of whether or not it is directly related to their job.