- Location: This opportunity has the ability to be remotely based within Canada (except for QC), or onsite/hybrid/remote in the Vancouver, BC Lower Mainland.
- Annual Base Salary: $73,150 - $82,375 CAD
- Please note that employment is contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks and background checks, including a Canadian criminal background check.
- Please upload your application files in PDF format only.
Safe Software is looking for a Front End Software Developer I who is interested in becoming part of one of the fastest growing data integration companies in the world! As a Front End Software Developer I on our FME Flow Team, you will work on designing and developing highly interactive and powerful user interfaces utilizing cutting edge Web technologies.
The FME Flow team consists of both front-end and back-end developers, UI/UX designers, product owners, quality analysts and co-op student interns that collaborate on a wide variety of exciting and innovative projects. The team works in an Agile environment and works closely together to find the best possible solutions to challenging problems.
As a Front End Software Developer I, you will:
- Develop and maintain features of the User Interface for FME Flow.
- Analyze requirements, design and develop innovative software solutions.
- Modify FME Flow to add new functions, improve performance and enhance product usability.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Present new features to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other teams including QA, Product Management, Design, and Development.
Safers come from a variety of backgrounds with diverse skills and knowledge. Those who are most successful in this role have experience with the following.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- 1+ years of experience in a related role.
- Previous experience with Angular Framework.
- Strong willingness to learn and be able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player – you are able to work independently as well as in a team.
- A self-starter – you are able to set schedules, manage deadlines and risks to deliver on assigned projects.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Critical thinker with high attention to detail.
Desired skills / Bonus points:
- Experience in writing unit and integration tests using tools like Karma and Cypress
- Experience in Responsive Design.
When you choose a career with Safe Software, you’re also choosing…
- Meaningful Work: Make a profound impact across our business, workplace and data integration product.
- A Supportive Environment: Feel empowered to share your ideas and implement them with high autonomy and team support.
- Social Responsibility: Become a part of a team that finds meaningful ways to give back. Take the day off to volunteer for a cause that matters to you or join our D&I Committee and shape our collective future.
- Learning & Career Development: We believe in your continuous learning and growth. Take advantage of an annual learning budget and training programs paid for by Safe.
- Flexible Working Hours: Flexible and remote-friendly work arrangements to fit your lifestyle. Work when you want, and how you want to.
- Work-Life Balance: There's no place for burnout at Safe. Maintain a healthy balance of your personal and work life without splitting yourself in two. Enjoy 3 weeks of vacation to recharge, plus an additional paid 6 seasonal days off per year.
- Health & Wellness: Extended health, dental, health or lifestyle spending, and counseling benefits from day 1. That’s right, no waiting period.
- Family is important: We are dedicated to supporting our employees through parenthood and offer a Parental Leave Top-Up Program for new parents through childbirth or adoption.
- Shared Success: Share in Safe’s success with our bi-annual profit sharing and RRSP/TFSA matching program.
- An Accessible Commute: Regardless of your commute method, we’re located close to public transit, and provide complimentary parking and bike storage for our team!
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 200 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact [email protected].