Finning International Inc.
Number of Openings:
Do you want to be part of the team that supports and maintains Finning’s digital services? Do you want to play a key role in ensuring that our customers have access to our digital platform 24x7? Do you want to come up with innovative and exciting ways of using technology and digital platforms to transform how our customers do business with us?
We are looking for a seasoned Product Owner for our Tier 4 support team. The team is responsible for providing 24x7 support for a variety of frontend (Angular and React) and backend (.NET) services and data pipelines.
If you like a challenge and enjoy having space to be innovative then this is the right position to apply for!
Major Job Roles:
- Working with our tiered support organization, business stakeholders and developers you, as the Product Owner, will be responsible for refining and prioritizing new support tickets and requests to be worked on by the support team
- Managing the backlog of support and enhancement tickets
- Identify, define, prioritize, and deliver new feature enhancements, support process automation and process improvements
- Working with the other teams you will seek out new ways of utilizing the technology to allow the support team to address production incidents faster and more efficiently
- Work with the Scrum Master to define performance metrics and targets and track the team’s performance against them
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in works as a Product Owner in Agile environments
- Solid understanding of web development technologies and architecture
- Experience with cloud platforms (Azure preferred)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and a positive attitude
- Solid time management, planning and prioritization skills, with an ability to manage multiple task and priorities concurrently
- Post-Secondary degree or equivalent experience in Computing Science or Information Systems Technology
The following qualifications will be considered as asset:
- Experience in supporting software solutions and/or working as part of a support organization
- Knowledge of data ingestion systems/technologies, such as ETL and SSIS
- Use of analytics to drive product and process enhancements
- SAFE or Agile certification
What we can offer you:
- Great people and place to work with (mostly) remote work/work-from-home opportunities
- Career advancement and training opportunities
- Competitive compensation
- Pension and employee stock purchase plans with company contributions
- Extensive health benefits including group medical and dental benefits, and short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Global travel insurance
- Employee assistance program
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.