Automotive Service Technicians
Generous Pay Plan & Great Benefits!
Red Seal Certification a MUST!
Diesel, Engine, and Transmission Specialists APPLY WITHIN!
Our shop is very busy with no shortage of work!
FORD Certified?? Ask about our Ford signing bonus program!
At Valley Ford it is our mission to be the automotive home of drivers in the Kentville NS area. We treat customers’ vehicles like our own, making sure that our customers are totally satisfied with their experience at our dealership, whether they are looking for a new vehicle, or having their vehicle repaired or serviced. We believe culture makes a difference and we strive to build lasting relationships with our employees, customers, and the community.
Valley Ford is growing! Due to our increase in sales and service business, we have openings right now. We are an extremely busy shop and need to hire motivated, positive and experienced Service Technicians/Mechanics. We believe our employees are our greatest asset and invest in their success. If you want to be part of a winning team, work in an ethical environment with people who care, then apply online today or visit our dealership.
- Generous pay plan
- Multiple bays available
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- RRSP Plan
- Employee discounts
- A career where your efforts are appreciated and rewarded
- Opportunity for advancement
- Family / friendly environment
Responsibilities – Service Technician:
- Perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders with efficiency and in accordance with dealership standards
- Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air-conditioning, etc.
- Provide labor and time estimates for any additional repairs required
- Explain mechanical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to service advisors and customers, providing an estimate of the time needed for additional repairs
- Learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions to keep up with rapidly changing technology
- Inspect vehicles and record findings so that necessary repairs can be made
- Execute repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications
- Other responsibilities may be added by a manager.
Qualifications/Requirements – Service Technician:
- At least 2 years’ experience preferred
- Certification is preferred but we will certify
- A desire to continually improve your skills as you grow with us
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A professional attitude, good work ethic, and the ability to multi-task
- Must be very quality-oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Be experienced and aware of the latest automotive technologies
- Mechanical and troubleshooting skills and the ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
- Excellent customer service skills and basic computer competency
- Must be a team player and enjoy working in a dynamic environment
- Must be a persistent problem-solver
- Must have the ability to learn new technology repair and service procedures and specifications
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Please upload your resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kentville, NS B4N 3V7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- automotive technician: 2 years (preferred)
- Driver's License (required)
- Journeyman (preferred)
Work Location: In person