Fresenius Medical Care is the world's largest integrated provider of dialysis products and services. As a vertically integrated company, we provide a complete solution for patients with chronic kidney failure and their caregivers, from research and development to manufacturing our dialysis products to providing complete therapy options within our own clinics. Fresenius Medical Care provides dialysis services in over 120 countries, including over 3400 dialysis clinics and 40 production sites worldwide.
In Canada, Fresenius Medical Care has been caring for patients undergoing dialysis for over twenty-five years. We understand the impact that chronic kidney failure has on people's lives, and we are committed to providing outstanding patient care that goes beyond innovative dialysis products and therapies. We care about each patient’s individual situation, whether they want to perform dialysis in their familiar surroundings at home, undergo dialysis at the hospital, or receive dialysis in one of our clinics. Our vision is to be the undisputed leader and trusted partner in renal therapies in Canada, and this vision is reflected in our key values: collaborative, proactive, reliable, and excellent.
Fresenius Medical Care Canada is currently recruiting for a regular, full-time Clinical Application Specialist, based in the field in British-Columbia (travel required). The position entails the following:
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FME’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FME Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Provides superior service and product support to Canadian customers as assigned in the role of home therapies and in-centre dialysis specialist.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FME culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Dialysis Delivery System Evaluation and ongoing clinical customer support:
- Conduct set up of FMCC hemodialysis delivery system clinical evaluations.
- Provide ongoing on-site clinical support to staff evaluating the FMCC dialysis delivery system by demonstrating how they are used to provide safe and effective patient care.
- Work closely with respective Territory Manager, respond to questions and concerns about the FMCC dialysis delivery system.
- Assist in the training and orientation of new Fresenius employees.
Clinical Consultant Support
- Assist in the creation of new training tools for FMCC customers and staff.
- Provide staff education/orientation to new Territory Managers, Technologists and Customer Service Representatives as required.
- Assist customers in developing continuous quality improvement (CQI) tools and programs.
- Attend local, regional, national, and international conferences and seminars to remain up to date with latest products, services, and research.
- Provide education support to our customers regarding teaching of home and in-centre hemodialysis best practices. Develop and/or provide feedback for the design of educational tools.
- Provide clinical expertise to assist unit staff to measure specific patient outcomes, utilizing the FMCC CQI process.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to physicially cover and maintain regular face-to-face contact with customers over a large geographic area. Extensive travel by automobile, train or airplane is often necessary to cover the assigned territory and includes overnight stays. Contact with customers by phone alone is not adequate. On some occasions, consecutive weeks of training might prevent travel home over the weekend in between weeks in consideration of the local travel restrictions and/or availability. Occasional weekend work is necessary to support trade show events, customer training and support, and equipment evaluations. Lifting requirements include setting up portable booths, occasional lifting and transporting medical equipment and supplies for purposes of inservicing customers.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BScN)
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Current Provincial Registered Nurse Certification of Competence
- CNA Certification in Nephrology Nursing (or to be completed within one year from hire date)
- Current hemodialysis experience is mandatory.
- Current experience in patient and/or staff teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all members of the renal team.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and applications
- Ability to travel extensively and work flexible hours.
- Fluent in French is an asset to the position
Internal Contacts: Maintain positive professional relationships with internal employees, peers, and supervisors.
External Contacts: Maintain positive professional relationships with all customers.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Thank you for your interest in Fresenius Medical Care Canada. We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our clients/customers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN)?
- Hemodialysis: 1 year (preferred)
- CNA (Nephrology Nursing) (Preferred) (preferred)
Work Location: On the road