Legal Aid Alberta is seeking to fill a permanent full time, Support Analyst in our downtown Edmonton office. This position will appeal to an individual that likes to take initiative, is client focused and is exceptionally strong in delivering high-quality results.
Who You Are
You’re computer-savvy and more organized than anyone you know. Fast-paced work environments give you a rush and you’re always up for a challenge. You love learning new things, solving problems, and can adapt to change quickly. You care deeply about the success of our team and our organization.
Reporting to the Manager, IT Security and Operations, Information Technology Department, some of the key responsibilities of the Support Analyst are to:
- Respond to end user requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, email, or helpdesk ticketing system.
- Provide direct hands-on IT support to Legal Aid staff following established request processes.
- Accountable to organize, plan and execute activities to meet job duties either independently or in groups.
- Strong focus on customer service, increasing the value add of the IT department and the best interests of Legal Aid Alberta
- Collaborate with IT team members to ensure the proper functioning of all systems and applications.
- Uses broad knowledge and skills to triage user issues, identifying root cause(s), remediation, and resolution to support the business and services offered to clients/stakeholders.
- Provide training and guidance to end-users on the use of technology and software applications.
- Contribute to establishing best practices and methodologies used to support critical services.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems, including but not limited to, desktops, laptops, tablets, video conferencing units, boardroom equipment, printers, and mobile devices.
- Install, configure, and upgrade desktop hardware and software.
- Provide support for network connectivity issues, including wireless and wired networks, for both in the office and remote services.
- Manage user escalations or need for technical assistance to other members of IT or business departments as required.
- Engage with vendor support when appropriate.
- Document all support activities, including resolution of issues, and escalation of complex problems to senior support staff as required, following documentation standards and filing procedures.
- Contribute to the creation of straightforward end user quick reference guides to encourage self-support for common end user issues (e.g. common printer usage)
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to business partners, innovation, and teamwork.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and trends in deskside support and make recommendations for improvements to processes and services.
Education and Experience:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Computer Science related diploma
- Minimum of 3 years progressive experience of demonstrated relevant experience.
- Relevant professional certifications are considered an asset.
- Strong customer service skills with a focus on delivering high-quality support to non-technical end-users.
- Self-motivated with ability to manage yourself independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong initiative and action orientated with a sense of urgency to get things completed.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment.
- Proactive in completing tasks and escalating issues appropriately.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
- Computer Science related diploma, certificate or equivalent.
- Demonstrated relevant work experience.
- User support and configuration experience with desktop products such as:
- Microsoft Office 365, Teams, SharePoint, etc.
- Visio, Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and software problems in a Windows environment.
- Knowledge of desktop hardware, software, and network connectivity issues
What We Offer
Perks of working with us
- Competitive salary
- RRSP employer contribution
- Health and dental benefits
- Health and wellness accounts
- Employee & family assistance program
- Team environment
How to Apply
If you got excited at the prospect of being a part of our team when you reviewed this posting and you meet the minimum qualifications, please select ‘Apply Now’ to create your candidate profile. This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Successful candidate will be required to provide an acceptable criminal record check.