TWINCON ENTERPRISES LTD. in Penticton specializes in civil earthworks, excavation and rock breaking, drilling and blasting, and subdivision development. TwinCon holds itself to the highest standards in both the quality of work produced for its clients and the community and the maintenance of a safe and healthy work environment for its employees on all job sites. We are one of the fastest growing companies in the South Okanagan, offering 15 years of experience and an extensive inventory of heavy equipment to match both large and small contracts. We are proud of our professional reputation for high quality work and safety orientation.
TwinCon is committed to providing an exceptional place of work for our employees. We believe that you should enjoy where you work and feel as though you have purpose and direction. We offer a full benefits package and encourage the growth and development of our staff.With several projects currently underway in the South Okanagan, we are looking for an Experienced Blaster to join our team.
As the Blaster, your responsibilities will include:
§ Conducting project field reviews to determine the type and quantity of explosives required for the job, doing drill layout patterns and determining depths based on site profiles
§ Completing all regulatory paperwork as required
§ Handling, storing, and transporting explosives in accordance with Federal regulations
§ Adhering to the highest standards of safety while on the job, ensuring the team is also adhering to these standards.
§ Effectively communicate company safety standards with all personnel on the job site to keep everyone informed and prepared to complete their duties.
§ Arrange and detonate shots and conduct both pre- and post-shot safety audits for every shot service event.
§ Complete all safety forms, blast design reports, and blast logs
§ Investigate poor performing blasts and respond to concerns in a professional manner
§ Develop professional relationships will clients to ensure successful completion of their project
For each job, you comply with all policies, procedures, and regulations. You will coordinate the handling of client issues, blast area incidents, and/or public concerns. Because you are highly knowledgeable of explosives, you can work safely to prevent accidents or injuries on the job.
· Have a Ministry of Energy and Mines Surface Blasting Certificate with Urban Endorsement
· WorkSafeBC Class 1 Blasting Ticket with Shock Tube Endorsement
· Have a minimum of five (5) years of related explosives industry work
· Act professionally and demonstrate skills in leadership, negotiation, conflict resolution and motivation of others to successfully complete goals and objectives
· Have good judgment to determine unsafe/safe conditions; ability to keep accurate written records; and to problem-solve blasting and logistical situations
· Lead teams effectively and ensure all safety paperwork is completed for each job
· Ability to manage stress and multiple priorities, meet deadlines, set goals, and resolve complex problems and make clear and decisive decisions
· Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and a team player
· Be willing to work outside in all weather conditions
· Be willing to work shifts over 10 hours as required to complete on tasks
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35.00-$40.00 per hour
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person