A growing global company. Endless career and development opportunities.
When you join Ritchie Bros., you’ll be part of a diverse, global team that’s focused on delivering great customer experiences. Our culture is centered around people and guided by our core values of Integrity, Unity and Vision. Learn more about our culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion at Candidate Portal.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about making a difference, we invite you to join our growing team. Whether you’re out in the field or back at your office, you’ll be helping us achieve our vision of becoming the trusted global marketplace for insights, services and transaction solutions for commercial assets.
We’re looking for a Customer Service Manager to complement our growing Chilliwack, BC location.
Our CSMs are the number-one point of contact for customers and staff, before, during and after our auctions. You’ll be responsible for all administrative aspects of the auction, and you’ll uphold the Ritchie Bros. philosophy of providing exceptional service. No auction experience is needed for this role, and training will be provided. Our ideal candidate is energetic, motivated, and a highly organized team player with a focus on customer service.
In this role you’ll:
- Ensure that superior customer service is delivered at all times to all customers.
- Set up and maintain auction information systems.
- Enter contracts and equipment specifications into the auction system.
- Balance auction results, and take care of accounts receivable, collections and banking responsibilities.
- Verify that funds have been collected, and that correct lien holders are paid.
- Process vehicle titles, registrations and legal transfer documents.
- Build strong relationships with banks, taxation offices, and motor vehicle branches to obtain information and to resolve issues.
- Assist to recruit, train and oversee Customer Service Representatives for auctions.
- Build and execute sales from start to finish with the help of other teammates.
- Prepare and edit auction guide pages for the seasonal auction guide build.
- Actively support the RB Unreserved Commitment to Safety: to send everyone home, every day, the way they came to work, by taking personal responsibility for your safety and safety of your team, co-workers and customers.
Here’s what you bring:
- 2+ years in a role where you worked in-person with customers.
- Post-secondary training in business, accounting, or similar.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Fantastic computer skills, including the ability to master new systems and enter data quickly and accurately.
- Experience with any of the following is an asset: accounts receivable, account reconciliation, sales tax collection / remittance, vehicles or heavy equipment, DMV document processing.
- You can think quickly and make good decisions on the fly (auction time is intense and hectic!).
- This is an intensely administrative role. You must love paperwork, and have an obsession with detail and accuracy in order to succeed.
- Outstanding people skills – you’re outgoing, diplomatic, patient, and a good listener.
- The ability to work independently – you have a take-charge attitude and you’re not afraid to ask questions.
- You like to work hard, but still have fun on the job.
This job will require you to:
- Because we're an event driven company, we'll need you to work regular overtime, including weekend hours, at onsite and offsite auctions. You can expect to work extra hours for 2-3 weeks prior to each sale, during each sale, and for 1-2 weeks after each sale. You can also expect to work extra hours for 1-2 weeks prior to each auction guide build
What We Offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 60+ years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary + paid overtime
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Ongoing training, professional development, and tuition reimbursement
Individual compensation packages are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including geographic location, experience, qualifications, and other job-related reasons.
Based on the national average, the anticipated base salary range for this role is $40,900 - $51,100 per year.
Ritchie Bros. has grown from a small-town auctioneer to a global asset management and disposition company. Through our family of companies, we help our customers buy and sell a wide range of used and unused equipment for construction, mining, transportation, agriculture, oil & gas, lifting & material handling, forestry & other industries. Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls, please. If you required any accommodations, please send an email to: [email protected].