L3Harris MAS, a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies, Inc., is an agile and innovative aerospace and defense technology company. Our 1000 employees provide complete military and commercial aviation modernization and upgrade solutions structural and avionics upgrades, aircraft component repair and overhaul, integrated logistics support, stripping and painting, field service support and technical publications, plus a full range of technical support services.
Our specialized aviation facilities include component repair, overhaul and machining, aircraft hangars and other upgrade facilities, structural design and analysis, full-scale fatigue testing and aircraft fatigue management, as well as other engineering services - from mechanical engineering and avionics to electronics and systems engineering.
Our customers perform on the world’s most challenging front lines. They trust us to keep them prepared for what’s next. We combine speed, innovation and flawless execution to ensure confidence and security in the world ahead.
About your next Challenge as a Senior Specialist, Avionics Software :
An active member of the Weapon Systems Software team, a section within the Software Engineering department at L3Harris MAS.
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for the system lifecycle management / product management of Mission Systems Software inside multiple aerospace platforms, their associated mission support equipment and software, and their associated supply chains (including software engineering environments, system integration laboratories, etc). Work requires close collaboration on multiple avionics projects and technologies, interfacing with team members within the organization as well as external partners, subcontractors, and customers.
As a subject matter expert, the Senior Embedded Software Engineer will be called upon to support engineering projects, internal research and development initiatives, and bid proposals.
What You Will Do:
- Interfaces with customer and subcontractors for product management and project technical matters.
- Provides system and software engineering support to system, hardware, and software design changes to platform systems. High level troubleshooting of technical problems from platform-level to computer software configuration item (CSCI) level.
- Performs technical management of software development and/or software integration project executed in-house or sub-contracted work. Act as the product owner for sub-contracted project work. Act as team lead for in-house project work.
- Manages system and software requirements and high-level design.
- Plans system and software integration and acceptance testing.
- Develops, generates, executes and maintains project schedules and project plans.
- Reports status on deliverables and engineering studies.
- Supports the update of annual budget planning.
- Work is not generally supervised in detail and the amount of supervision varies depending upon the assignment.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- The selected candidate must be eligible to meet requirements and conditions of the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and the requirements for U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- A RELIABILITY security clearance will be required to start work. A NATO SECRET security clearance is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of specialization is required. A master's degree in a relevant field of specialization is an asset. Preferred fields of specialization: software engineering, computer engineering, or computer science.
- Minimal 7 years hands on experience in managing software development work on a combination of different software development / integration projects, such as: commercial application software development, commercial embedded software development, distributed systems software development, military platform and avionics embedded software development, or security systems software development.
- Minimal 10 years hands on experience working with project plans, schedules and deliverables.
- Knowledge and practical application of domain standards and processes (IEEE 12207, IEEE15288, DO-178, SWEBOK, etc.) is essential.
- Knowledge of mission systems and avionics typically found in defence aerospace platforms would be an asset.
- Experience in managing subcontracted software development activities would be an asset.
- Computer skills: Office applications including MS Project. System and software modelling tools using UML, SysML, BPMN, etc. Knowledge of modern software development environments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact and build trust across all levels of the organization, partners and customers.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, supervise, and control work in one or more projects.
- Ability to implement and adapt project execution and manage resources.
- Ability to work both independently and within groups.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Must be eligible for registration with the Controlled Goods Program;
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a government of Canada “Reliability” status and/or Level 2 (Secret) security clearance;
- For on-site positions, our location is accessible by public transport
L3Harris MAS cultivates an inclusive and stimulating work environment that empowers employees and promotes work-life balance. Our values (integrity, respect, excellence), community dedication and commitment to excel in everything we do are the foundation of our culture.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, provincial or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue, 48,000 employees and customers in more than 100 countries. L3Harris.com
Everything we do here has a direct impact on the protection and security of human lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.