For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. As a not-for-profit organization, we proudly invest in communities to help address some of Canada’s most pressing health care challenges. We are one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Life & Health Insurer of the Year for 2021 and an Imagine Canada Caring Company.
Our 2,400 professionals work across six provinces, united by our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We’re committed to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture focused on ensuring health, wellness, and personal and professional growth through a variety of programs and support across our organization.
Together with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health solutions partner with over 7,700 employees. Our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Senior Product Specialist
Full Time, Permanent
Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI, Newfoundland, Quebec, Ontario
Are you a self-starter with a background in digital product or project management? Do you thrive on developing and growing new products to help our members stay or return to good physical and mental health? If so, we want to hear from you!
As Senior Product Specialist, Digital and Wellness, you will be a key member of the Digital product management team for Medavie Blue Cross group clients. Working closely with the Manager, Digital Products and the Product Specialist – Wellness, the Senior Product Specialist helps ensure the profitability and continued growth of existing health and wellness products for the organization. You will help build and support product roadmaps that are aligned with our broader strategic objectives and designed to deliver improved health outcomes for members and value for plan sponsors. Your portfolio of products will focus on our digital storefront (Connected Care), digital virtual care products, improving member navigation through our digital assets and may include or supporting other special projects or benefit lines.
In this role, you will work closely with collaboratively with external vendors and /marketing/sales partners across the organization. You will manage all aspects of the product lifecycle for new and existing products. This includes concept development, documentation, contracts, training and reporting.
You are a strategic thinker - able to see the big picture of each product, understand how all the pieces come together and anticipate the impact as pieces evolve. You are also a great communicator who is comfortable speaking to large or small audiences and able to convey key messages with influence.
- Subject matter expert, awareness of industry trends and competitive landscape
- Product ambassador at industry or client events
- Management of product documentation and contract templates
- Management of vendor payment/reporting activities
- Liases with internal development/systems teams for product enhancements or troubleshooting
- Standardized report development/ongoing enhancements
- Sales/service support for questions, RFP responses and finalist presentations
- Training and educations sessions with key internal stakeholders
- End-to-end cross-functional processes development (admin/sales/service/finance/contact centre/claims)
- Maintenance of marketing collateral, presentations, content and other sales enablement tools
- Translate data into trends and insights to drive product roadmaps
- Assist in the curation and management of external partnerships including negotiations, quality assurance, reporting and service issues/gaps
- Education: Post-secondary education in Business, Marketingor related field.
- Work Experience: Five to seven years of related experience.
- Technical Skills: High level of comfort using technology; MS Office Suite of products; Webex; Sharepoint.
- Language Skills: Bilingualism is considered a strong asset. Oral/written communication in French with Medavie employees, clients/members and participation in oral group presentations will occasionally be required.
- Product/project management– experience within the insurance industry is preferred.Process driven – you know how to create scalable, efficient solutions
- Digital acumen – you are always learning about new technology and you know how to leverage innovation, mobile devices and digital health tools to enhance product offerings. Experience in a software development environment is an asset
- Documentation – you enjoy and understand the value of capturing details
- Creative – you think about “what if” and can communicate your great ideas
- Agile - you thrive in a fast-paced environment and can change gears quickly
- Collaborative – you are a team player
- Ability to identify emerging trends, opportunities for cost-containment and solutions to enhance benefit plans.
- Strong prioritization skills with ability to balance operational tasks while also moving larger strategic projects forward.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Medavie Blue Cross strives to foster a culture where everyone is enabled to achieve their full potential - a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) where we live our values every day in the way we treat each other, our members and the communities we serve. Accessibility is a top priority.
For applicants with disabilities, we provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Segment: Senior Product Manager, Quality Assurance, Call Center, Project Manager, Product Manager, Operations, Customer Service, Technology