Job title: Freelance Skincare Specialist
Reports to: Sales and Education Executive
Shiseido was founded in 1872 as Japan’s first Western-style pharmacy in the upscale Ginza district of Tokyo and is one of the oldest cosmetic companies in the world. With over 140 years of dedicated service, superior products and unparalleled technology, Shiseido’s mission is to identify new, richer sources of value and use them to create beauty in the lives and cultures of those it serves.
At Shiseido, we hold a traditional Japanese value of “Omotenashi”, the spirit of welcoming and care that cannot be translated in words. Through this spirit, we practice thoughtfulness, dedication to the needs of others and meticulous attention to every aspect of our products and service.
The name Drunk Elephant is rooted in a myth. The story goes that elephants love to eat the fruit that has fallen from marula trees (they do), and the natural alcohol content from the fermented marula fruit then gets the elephants drunk (it doesn’t).
We are committed to using only ingredients that either directly benefit the health of the skin or support the integrity of our formulations. We never take into account whether something is synthetic or natural, instead choosing ingredients based on biocompatibility.
The Freelance Skincare Specialist Team Member is responsible for executing successful events and sales support in various retailers while representing the brand in terms of customer service, artistry, image, passion and productivity.
Duties and responsibilities
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Achieve sales targets by brand, line, and retailer
- Plan, set, and execute business activities to support monthly sales targets:
- In-store training and sales support
- Initiate Special Events at store level
- Coordinate Ambassadors efforts/contribution to goal achievement
- Merchandise updates to maintain brand image
- Review weekly sales results and establish weekly action plan
- Provide memorable Customer Experience
- Ensuring good communication of product information
- Motivating and Strengthening sales staff
- Maintaining the highest level of ethical standards
- Ensure respect of specific behavior by retailer
- Act as a Shiseido and Drunk Elephant Ambassador
- Flexible and able to travel
- Provide well-articulated tips and tricks for new collections
- Be an impactful presence in stores whether it be sales support days or an event
- Previous customer service experience, preferably within the skincare industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Full flexibility with schedule (including days, nights, weekends, and special events)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous knowledge of skincare products/ingredients is an asset
- Passion for skincare
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Shiseido Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability, a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
At Shiseido, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment free of discrimination, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. Shiseido is dedicated to meeting accessibility requirements prescribed by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants at any time throughout the recruitment process. Please contact our Human Resources team with notice if you require accommodation.
Job Type: Freelance
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekends as needed
- skincare: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving License (preferred)
Work Location: On the road