Since 2014, Spring Financial has been simplifying the lending process for millions of Canadians facing all types of financial circumstances. Spring offers a growing range of financial products and services which currently include personal loans, mortgages, credit cards and secured loans - all of which are made available to Canadians without having to visit a branch!
We are high-energy entrepreneurs who operate with a real sense of urgency. We have created some of the best in market products and sales processes allowing millions of Canadians to get access to financing online, via text or over the phone – all from the comfort of their own home! To learn more about our products please visit our website here: www.springfinancial.ca.
NOTE: This is a full-time, permanent, on-site position.
About the position:
As a Back-End Developer, you will be at the forefront of new and exciting projects which are designed to assist Canadians in simplifying the lending process, making it as stress-free as possible. You will be working with the existing Back-End team to create and develop internal projects and applications on a regular basis.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Developing in-house, and customer-facing applications
- Work on 3rd party integrations, primarily with systems in the financial/auto industry
- Knowledge or experience in backend frameworks such as Laravel, Django, Express etc.
- Our tech stack is PHP/Laravel for the backend and Vue/Nuxt on the frontend
- Newer services are now built serverless (node/python runtimes) in AWS
- Knowledge of serverless and containerization platforms on AWS.
- Ensuring cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies
- Acting as a mentor to junior developers
- Ensure sufficient code coverage by writing effective unit tests
- Creating technical content for JIRA tasks/sub-tasks
- Socialize JIRA stories/tasks you are responsible for with others on the team
What You Should Already Have:
- 4+ years of professional experience with either PHP, Python
- 2+ years with modern JS framework (Vue, Angular, React, Nuxt)
- 4 + years experience with Linux
- 5+ years with a relational database such as MySQL, Postgres
- You know your way around git and have worked in GitFlow
- You have experience with using and building REST-style APIs, and GraphQL
- Experience with back end MVC frameworks (Laravel 5.2 to 6)
- Bonus: AWS knowledge, especially the serverless stack (SAM, Serverless)
- Bonus: NoSql experience in Dynamodb, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Bonus: E-commerce (Shopify) experience and payment gateway integrations
- Bonus: Responsive layouts are no problems for you with or without grid frameworks
- Bonus: Experience with CSS3 advanced features such as animations, transitions, flex-box, etc.
This is a truly exciting time to join Spring Financial and we are looking forward to doing great things together!
In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage
- A great work environment in the heart of Downtown Vancouver
- Transit-Friendly Employer (Transit allowance)
- GRSP matching program
- Opportunity for career development