Asset Management Coordinator Intern
The Asset Management Coordinator Intern will aid in the implementation of the Town’s Strategic Asset Management Policy and completion of the Town’s updated asset management plan for all assets.
Works within policies and procedures established by Council and directed by the Director of Finance.
- Aids in the implementation of the Town’s Strategic Asset Management Policy
- Refine and finalize the condition assessment protocols/guidelines/manuals.
- Coordinate and collect new condition assessments for all assets
- Refine and collect asset attribute data identified as outstanding or missing through the gap analysis prepared.
- Assist in the connection and coordination of the data with the Town's GIS.
- Assist in the completion of the Town's updated asset management plan for all assets.
- Assist in the implementation of the Town's new work order system to provide work orders, identify maintenance priorities, and track the status of work orders relating to facility maintenance activities.
- Coordinate and catalogs assets, lifecycle activities/maintenance, data entry for enhancement of the asset management program/activities, and updates the asset database.
- Provide necessary information to assist the Corporation to maintain, repair, purchase, and dispose of its tangible capital assets.
- Provide information, and supporting documentation to assist with capital planning, as well as, short- and long-term financial planning for the Corporation.
- Works within a variety of systems including PSD Citywide Asset Manager/Maintenance Manager, and Great Plains Dynamics Capital Asset Module.
Other: Perform other related duties as assigned.
Working Relationships and Contacts:
- Receives assignments and general direction and guidance and discuss plans and priorities respectfully and professionally.
- Works with managers to collect and document asset condition and lifecycle activities in the implementation of the Town’s Strategic Asset Management Policy. The incumbent will provide work orders, identify maintenance priorities, and track the status of work orders relating to facility maintenance activities.
- Other Staff: Courtesy, cooperation, and teamwork with all Town staff. Carry out duties in compliance with applicable legislation and Corporate policy.
Education, Knowledge and Skill:
- Degree or diploma in civil engineering, accounting or other equivalent education.
- Background in accounting and project management is an asset.
- Familiar with GIS systems and functions.
- Familiar with the Municipal environment.
- A team player with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A valid Class G driver's license in good standing with satisfactory driving record.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational, analytical and communication skills and the ability to handle a number of ongoing projects at one time.
- Proficiency with various technology packages including MS Office, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Google programs, internet, email, social media and web-based applications.
- Working independently and within a team environment.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the demonstrated ability to handle and resolve situations, utilizing knowledge of policies, practices, and procedures. Complex issues will be deferred to the Manager of Accounting.
- Knowledge of office management and computer systems/programs.
- Helpful, professional and positive attitude towards community and businesses expected at all times.
Job Types: Internship / Co-op, Full-time
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: Up to $45,500.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Parry Sound, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: One location