WHAT WE OFFER:
- Great learning and growth opportunities
- A competitive compensation package
- Full Benefits Package
- Professional Development Courses & Designations
- Flexible paid time off
Reporting to: Human Resources Director
Our Navacord Partners in Southwestern Ontario are searching for a HR Manager to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled HR professional to support several of our Navacord broker partners including: Selectpath, C&C Insurance Consultants Limited, and Programmed Insurance Brokers Inc. The primary office location of this role will be in London, ON, but there may be frequent travel to other branch locations as needed. Reporting to the HR Director, the HR Manager will support multiple broker partner locations in all areas of HR. The HR Manager is responsible for the day-to-day execution and implementation of HR programs and initiatives ensuring compliance to legislation and company policies with the result of positively impacting the business and its employees.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and act as a key resource for employees and the leadership team to develop and support the people practices for our key broker partners.
- Partner closely with the leadership team providing professional HR leadership in short- and long-term strategies for the organization and be ultimately accountable for all assigned HR projects.
- Leads the full recruitment and selection process including pre-screening, interviews, and provides feedback on all candidates.
- Function as a subject matter expert on the HRIS system/employee database for each Broker Partner including all required updates and file maintenance.
- Coordinate and lead all onboarding and offboarding of employees including conducting exit interviews and implementing feedback as needed.
- Support the HR Director to successfully integrate corporate acquisitions into the company culture and envelope new team members into the employee experience at the firm.
- Work closely with the HR Director to evaluate, assess and drive all HR programs required to improve and then maintain employer of choice status.
- Identify, lead and develop innovative HR practices to support the unique needs of our broker partners.
- Monitor trends in employment practices and coach business leaders on employee relations and matters as appropriate to enable them to deal with issues more effectively.
- Partner with internal team members on employee- related initiatives utilizing strong communication, coaching, and influencing skills to provide expertise and mentorship on career development, performance management, employee engagement, and compensation management.
- Manages the leave of absence, short term and long-term disability claims and return to work program including follow- ups, documentation and sharing information with managers and payroll.
- Partner with the HR Director to develop, build and execute on the HR strategic road map.
- Lead and facilitate talent management, performance management and development planning discussions with leaders to enable the business to achieve its goals.
- Lead the Health and Safety, Wellness and Social Committees, records, management, and committee meeting minutes, ensures compliance and a safe work environment.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to junior HR team members.
- Completion of University Degree/College Diploma in Human Resources Management.
- Experience using Collage is preferred.
- 7 + years of experience in an HRBP role ideally within financial services or insurance CHRP designation or working towards designation is preferred.
- Advanced MS Office skills: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to partner, coach and influence senior leaders.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritizes duties in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized self-starter and team player with the ability to work well with minimal supervision.
- Willing to regularly travel between Broker Partners as needed.
- Oral and written bilingualism an asset (English /French). English required.
Building The Great Canadian Brokerage
Navacord is a leading insurance and risk management brokerage created to keep the Canadian entrepreneurial spirit alive. Led by a passionate and engaged partnership group, Navacord Broker Partners are committed to the success of their clients by delivering expert advice in an increasingly complex world which allows them to face the future with confidence.
4th Largest Commercial Brokerage in Canada
- 2,000+ Employees
- 50,000+ Commercial Clients
- ~$400mm Revenue
- 60% Commercial Lines
- 25% Personal Lines
- 15% Benefits & Retirement
- ~$2 billion Annual Premium
Navacord is actively committed to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. We serve and recognize and respect human differences and similarities. We value the diversity of people and actively encourage women, indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ2+) persons to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Work Location: In person