For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems, and geo-intelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
As the leading global independent commercial supplier of antennas, payloads, and electronics for communication and radar satellites, our team has successfully contributed to hundreds of missions in the past 60 years. With an extensive heritage in a wide range of solutions delivered to customers globally, our Satellite Systems team continues to grow and evolve on the ground and in the stars.
We’re on the hunt for a co-op Student Software Developer to join MDA at our Halifax office for a 4 month or 8 month term starting in January 2024.
As a Student Software Developer, you will be an integral member of a team of professional developers and engineers delivering world-class solutions for remote sensing satellite ground systems and geospatial information services using cutting-edge cloud-native technologies and containerized microservices architectural patterns.
- working with the development team and product owners to plan and size feature development objectives for iterative delivery commitments
- working with the team to design feature implementations within architectural context
- developing automated test frameworks that verify success criteria of planned features
- developing back-end services and/or front-end interfaces that pass automated tests
- committing code changes to revision control and requesting merges for deployment to testing and production environments contributing to continuous code review for team merge requests
- contributing to team retrospectives and process improvements
- learning and using a range of tools, frameworks and technologies that may include gitlab, jenkins, nexus, sonarqube, docker, kubernetes, rancher, helm, springboot, angular, node, kafka, postgreql, mongodb, elastic, graphana, kibana, bash
- Undergraduate or graduate student in good academic standing in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to perform in a dynamic working environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Team-friendly attitude and willingness to learn
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.