WATERLOO | Operations - Operations Supervisor
This position is responsible for customer service in various languages and through various transaction types (e.g. inbound and outbound calls, chat, email, social media, etc.) or back-office work for end customers (B2C and/or B2B) that can include various service types e.g. pre-sales, post sales, billing and support, as per LOB (SOW) specifications. This position is responsible for supporting frontline (customer facing) associates by handling consult calls, escalations, team supervision and other related duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Oversee and supervise a team of agents.
- Attend required training session for new information and training updates.
- Acquire and transfer to the team the knowledge of all tools and associated workflow processes
- Assist in developing and streamlining procedures
- Coach, motivate, reward, counsel and assist with disciplinary actions as necessary
- Provide quality service to both internal and external customers – on and off-line.
- Assist agents with customer interaction on situations requiring special handling – take customer calls.
- Ensure open flow of communication between agents, supervisors and management.
- Ensure uniform understanding and adherence to policies, procedures and company programs.
- Supervise and monitor agent attendance, performance and productivity
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of reports.
- Ensure agents are continuously kept abreast of operational changes.
- Conduct employee briefings and meetings.
- Assure service level standards are met.
- Monitor system performance and initiate actions to correct system problems.
- Conduct agent observation and provide feedback.
- Assist in the development and tracking of employee incentive programs.
- Ensure completion of departmental duties/task in the absence of subordinates/co-workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements for Work from Home Employees:
- An assertive, well-organized self-starter with demonstrated sales experience
- Management experience in customer service (or sales or on-line retail where relevant) desirable
- A proactive thinker with the ability to anticipate and identify customer needs and decisively solve problems
- A detail-oriented professional with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability Redirect and coach for improvement, and gauge user ability and modify delivery accordingly
- Demonstrate professional customer service skills: solutions mindset, helping nature, passion for customer service
- Demonstrate behaviors that support high quality standards
- Recognize trends and escalate information as appropriate
- Problem solving skills; linear and troubleshooting
- Demonstrate a strong customer service orientation and take responsibility to follow up with customers to ensure needs and expectations are satisfied
- Proven track record of success to motive sales/service professionals and exceed performance metrics
- Present information effectively and persuasively across various communication channels
- Problem solving to gather and analyze information and uses it to develop effective solutions; challenge status quo.
- Tolerate stressful situations well
- Project a positive and professional image
- College/Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in related field (preferred)
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- A separate room/office with a door that can be closed and locked during working hours is required. Guests, family members and others may not be present in the designated office area during working hours
- Work conditions of the employee’s residence (office area) are appropriate and safe and must meet the occupational safety and health standards for work from home employees
- The designated office area should be reasonably soundproof so that you may work uninterrupted by noise
- Monitors must be able to be positioned in such a way as to not face ground-level windows
- Must have a hardwired high-speed home internet connection (DSL, Cable, Fiber) providing a minimum of 10 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload speeds as verified by a speed test. A wireless connection is not permitted
- Designated office area must have a surge protected electrical outlet(s)
While performing the duties of this job the employee requires mobility, the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols as well as hand/eye coordination. The employee regularly sits for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee regularly uses office equipment. Employee will regularly use a computer for extended periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All of the above job duties may be changed/modified/deleted at any time by the Company; any other job duties may be assigned as needed.
Standard General Security Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand and adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to ethics and compliance, and to the protection of Information Assets, integrity of customer transactions, proper and ethical utilization of access privileges and resources provided to perform the role. Fully comply with all provisions of the Company Code of Conduct, Acceptable Use Policy and Confidentiality Agreement.
- Protect company assets, systems, proprietary and confidential information in accordance with Majorel Confidentiality policy and Corporate Information Security Policies and Procedures.
- Proactively report actual or suspected ethics and compliance violations, vulnerabilities, security incidents and breaches in the confidentiality, integrity or availability of Information assets as per the Company’s Incident Reporting Process.
- Process personal data, client data and employer business specific data in accordance with customer contracts, company guidelines and federal and state requirements.