The Provider Referrals department of WorkSafeBC is looking for two Registration Representative Co-op students to join our team to help us strive towards our vision.
The co-op students will assist the Provider Referrals department within Health Care Operations in a variety of functions including maintaining a provider portal for program referrals. This is an eight-month temporary opportunity starting in January 2024.
How you’ll make a difference: You’ll apply what you’ve learned in your post-secondary program to benefit workers and employers across B.C.
Where you’ll work
At WorkSafeBC, we offer a hybrid work model that combines the convenience of working remotely with the dynamism of working in one of our offices, based on the operational needs of the position.
In this role, you’ll work primarily from your B.C. home and be on-site at a minimum of once per quarter in our Richmond office.
We're looking for someone who can:
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability, while learning tasks in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrate an ability to learn multiple computer programs
Learn more: Hear from past co-op students on what it’s like to work here.
Your background and experience
- Enrolled in a Business Administration, Arts, Communication or a related program
- Previous customer service experience is an asset
- Previous co-op or relevant work experience in an office environment is an asset
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite
- A love for technology
Important to know
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Confirm you’re legally entitled to work in Canada
- Confirm you’re a registered student at a post-secondary institution and is participating in a work integrated learning program
WorkSafeBC’s COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the “Policy”) is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect.
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We’re honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self.
As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that help you get the most out of work - and life. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes:
- 4% in lieu of benefits
- 4% in lieu of vacation
Learn more: Discover who we are.
Want to apply?
- A cover letter, resume and transcript are required. Your cover letter should state your availability (4 or 8 months).
- Submit all documents in one file (either Word or PDF files).
- We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.