For over thirty years, SideFX has been providing artists with procedural 3D animation and visual effects tools designed to produce the highest-quality cinematic results. We are passionate about what our customers do because our roots are in production, both as artists and as pioneering technical innovators.
SideFX has been recognized by the Academy of Motion Pictures, Arts and Science multiple times - including with an Oscar® - for the development of our Houdini software, and its breakthrough procedural-based technology.
Houdini is used by the world’s top film, TV, and game studios to create blockbuster movies such as Black Panther and Moana, captivating TV shows like Spider-Man, The Lion King and Godzilla vs. Kong, TV shows like The Crown, Game of Thrones and S.W.A.T., and video games like Ghost Recon, Far Cry and Age of Empires. Our customers include Disney Feature Animation, Pixar, Sony Pictures Imageworks, Weta Digital, Electronic Arts, Microsoft Game Studios, and many more.
What We Value Most:
Decency: We treat everyone with honesty, kindness and empathy. We give generously of our time and knowledge
- Relationships: We build collaborative bonds—with our co-workers and clients—based on trust and respect. Our diverse team gives us broader perspectives
- Dedication: We take pride and ownership in our work, always trying to do our best. We are devoted to the well-being and success of each other and our clients
- Excellence: We continually improve ourselves, our work and our company, striving towards excellence in all that we do
What we offer:
- Hybrid Work option - A great office in Downtown Toronto (right across from Union Station) with the flexibility for most roles to work from home.
- Generous paid time off, including vacation and floater days to relax and re-energize (starting at 4 weeks)
- Year-End Company Shutdown and Long Weekend Early departures to add to the excitement
- Health insurance coverage (including a Health Service Spending Account for Canadian employees), for you and your dependents
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP); because sometimes we need a bit of extra support
- Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Comprehensive Long Service Award program, providing both a monetary reward and additional days off
- A highly competitive bonus structure
- A generous sick time entitlement to care for yourself and your loved ones
Why join SideFX?
Because you want to be part of a unique experience and winning team that has won an Oscar and an Emmy (Cool, right?)
- Because you want to be part of an industry-leading company that is constantly mindfully growing
- Because you want to work with some of the most talented people in the industry on a ground-breaking product
- Because you want to work with people from all around the world
- Because you want to be part of an exciting and fun industry
- Because you want to join and add to a positive, supportive and respected company culture
- Because you want your job to be GREAT!
The Customer Success Specialist will work alongside the Sales Director, proactively interacting with our small to medium-sized customers with the purpose of ensuring high customer satisfaction as well as continued business growth with SideFX.
Due to the sales and service nature of the role, the Customer Success Specialist is required to have the skills to establish and maintain customer relationships, provide relevant technical information as well as meaningful explanations, prepare accurate quotations, and professionally communicate verbally and in written form, and uphold the company’s reputation for customer care.
What you will be working on
Achieve goals and personal objectives established by the Manager.
- Ensure customers understand the different products the company offers and its value proposition.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific Houdini solutions.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a prompt manner, by personally handling or delegating accordingly.
- Use Customer Database (CDB) to document all customer opportunities and customer activity.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Houdini products, competition, and industry trends.
- Conduct routine post-sale follow up calls at meaningful intervals with customers to ensure they are using our software to the fullest.
- Complete and maintain accurate records, and sales administration duties accurately and on time.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need to be successful
Have at least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a B2B sales/customer support environment.
- Possess a university level degree where there is clear applicability to this role.
- The following experience will be considered an asset:
- Sales or customer service in customer facing software business.
- Part of a sales team with global reach.
- Direct involvement in the visual effects and/or video game development industries.
Not the right role for you at this time? Take a look at all of our job postings on our Careers page or join our SideFX Talent Community for future career opportunities!
This position is available for our Toronto office; Other locations will be considered within our company’s possibilities.
SideFX is committed to inclusion and diversity. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. Accommodation will be provided to candidates with disabilities, upon request.