Saffron Centre is the sexual assault centre located in Sherwood Park providing compassionate and specialized counselling, education, and advocacy for those impacted by sexual violence.
Opportunity to work with us
As Administrator, you will be a first point of contact to those looking to access our services. We are seeking a friendly and empathetic individual who has experience in answering phones, using a computer, general office tasks and feels comfortable with multi-tasking.
Saffron requires a Part-time Administrator for up to 3 days per week. The Administrator is responsible for greeting and assisting clients, booking appointments, answering phones and forwarding calls, client initial intakes and taking payments. Other responsibilities include helping with special events and performing other clerical duties; overall providing a welcoming environment. Reports to the Administrative Supervisor.
The successful candidate will have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, have a drive for helping others and creating a warm and welcoming first impression. With a compassionate and kind demeanor, the successful candidate will be able to manage multiple responsibilities with ease, have strong attention to detail, and have excellent customer service skills. If this sounds like you - come join our team!
· Reception; answering phone calls, take messages,sending/receiving confidential client information, booking appointments and directing calls to other staff as needed.
· Payments; submitting third parts billing information and taking client payments.
· Client initial intakes; gathering clients’ personal information.
· Greet clients/visitors and provide any necessary information and/or paperwork that is needed.
· Clerical and administrative support such as word processing, data entry.
· Support the coordination of community events and fundraiser activities.
· Collate information from Outcome Tracker information system on an ongoing basis.
· Refer; directing clients to alternative outside agencies/services as needed.
· Maintain a clean and organized waiting area and client restroom.
Other duties as needed
This is a part-time position at 15-22.5 hours per week. Required work hours include Thursday and Friday (8:30am-4:30pm) and alternating Wednesdays(8:30am– 4:30pm). In addition, there may be occasions where you may be asked to work coverage shifts and/or special events.
- Responsible and reliable
- Intermediate to advanced level of Microsoft Office 365 suite of applications
- Outstanding phone and in person customer service skills
- Highly organized and accurate able to multi-task
- Willingness and ability to learn new methods and systems
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Teams, Word
- Customer service experience exhibiting service-centric and solutions-based approach with visitors, clients, and colleagues.
- Professional, compassionate attitude and appearance
- Ideal Candidate will have 1+years of work experience in a similar role.
- Exceptional telephone manners
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills
The successful candidate will be required to provide a clear criminal record and vulnerable sector check and clear intervention record check, and to sign an oath of confidentiality.
We appreciate and consider all applications, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 15-22.5 per week
Salary: From $19.00 per hour
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-10