Build your Career at Cooper Equipment Rentals
We are looking for a customer-oriented, motivated individual to join our professional team as a Class 5 Driver at our Kamloops, BC branch!
Why Work with Us? Perks!
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefit package with premiums paid by the company
- RRSP Match
- Shoes/Boots, clothing and safety wears
- Safety-minded organization
- Stable, year-round employment with overtime available
- Continuous training, learning and development opportunities
- Fun-loving work environment with strong social responsibility
What You’ll Be Doing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load and unload equipment; secure loaded equipment per company procedure and inspect in transit if necessary.
- Deliver and pick up equipment.
- Maintain accurate delivery and pickup records.
- Secure customer signature on contract, if not already signed.
- Inform supervisor of difficulties with deliveries or pickups.
- Inform management of new sales opportunities and job sites.
- Double check delivered items to make sure customers receive exactly what they ordered.
- Notify branch if behind schedule, so customers may be contacted.
- Instruct customers on equipment operation.
- If equipment is missing or broken upon pick up fill out the appropriate forms and get customer’s signature. Turn in these forms to Branch Manager, along with pick up sheets. Tag and move broken equipment to repair area.
- Perform vehicle inspections daily, as well as checking gas, oil, and other fluid levels.
- Assist with washing/cleaning equipment and loading/unloading of equipment at the branches as and when needed.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean or satisfactory driver’s abstract (no more than three demerit points). You will be required to provide a copy of your updated driver’s abstract upon request.
- Experience moving heavy oversize loads is an asset.
- Experience with driving light trucks is an asset.
- Familiar with local roads.
- Very customer oriented, professional and courteous.
- Very team oriented.
- Must be comfortable working outdoors.
- Available to work overtime when required.
Please note, to be considered for this position applicants should currently be residing in Canada and legally entitled to work.
Want to learn more about this as well as other opportunities at Cooper? Visit our Careers page to view Day in the Life videos cooperequipment.ca/careers.
Who We Are:
Operating since 1972, Cooper Equipment Rentals is a full-service construction equipment rental company. We specialize in the rental of compact, aerial and heavy construction equipment for the contracting community. We have grown to over 60 strategically placed branches across Canada and pride ourselves in exceptional customer service provided by our highly trained team. And we're growing!
KM - W71
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Class 5 Licence (required)
Work Location: In person