A leader in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration industry, and celebrating its 70th anniversary in March 2022, The Master Group has been named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies since 2010 and is the largest privately held HVAC-R distributor in Canada. Today, the company employs 1,300 dynamic and dedicated people who serve the industry in more than 55 branches and 4 distribution centers from British Columbia to the Atlantic Provinces and in 19 branches in the United States.
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity? #RefreshYourCareer with Master and apply today!
In this role you will have the opportunity to promote all Master Group's products to customers in the Ontario market by evaluating their needs. You will be responsible for managing existing clients and developing new business as well as identifying and qualifying future opportunities. As well as, provide pricing and technical solutions to gain their trust and business; input orders and provide after sales customer support.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Market & promote products to future potential customers.
- Coordination between service & technical support from manufacturers.
- Attend trade shows and seminars to promote products or to learn about industry developments.
- Develop a close relationship with commercial/applied contractors and promote Master Groups' ability to quote on public tenders as well as on design build projects.
- Ensure effective regional relationships with suppliers.
- Identify competitive positioning of our products versus the competition.
After sales service:
- Contact customers after the sale to resolve problems and ensure follow up.
- Have the ability to resolve technical problems related to products.
- Set up and facilitate training seminars for our engineer and contractor base.
- Acquire required technical knowledge in order to promote products (academic or manufacturer training).
- Document account activities, generate reports, and keep records of business transactions with customers and suppliers.
- Maintain sales forecasting reports.
- Presentation of technical drawings & products.
- Preparation of buying & pre-purchase documents.
- Presentation of product applications for use in HVAC systems (formal presentation with catalogs or audio/video material).
Management of client accounts:
- Development & solicitation of existing and potential clients.
- Evaluation of client’s needs & resources and recommendation of appropriate products & services.
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
- Participate in regional trade associations and develop networking opportunities.
- Sales/ customer service experience in HVAC or related field
- 5+ years of experience is preferred, but not essential
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering although other Engineering or Technical background will be considered
- Valid Drivers License and ability to travel internationally
- Strong time management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Group insurance from day 1 (medical, dental, short and long term disability insurance)
Contribution to a group RRSP upon hiring
Wellness spending account of $300 per year
Employee assistance program (psychological, financial, legal and parental support services)
Access to telemedicine with health professionals by chat or secure video session from day 1
Reimbursement of membership or renewal of a professional order
early vacation program