Jeil Special Canada Inc. is a leading global flexible packaging company with comprehensive product offerings. We are guided in our work by four core values that are the basis for our success: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement. We bring brand owners and packaging experts together to generate fresh thinking, accelerate advanced technology and increase speed-to-market, package customization, and consumer differentiation. Our expertise is rooted in shared core values grown from the heritage of our small businesses and strategic acquisitions. Collectively, we are stronger and more responsive, with a broader geographic footprint. Together, we are Jeil Special Canada Inc., the trusted leader in global change in the packaging industry.
We are growing and have multiple openings within our client's site (Battery Plant construction) at our Windsor, ON facility. Our Assembly positions are unloading, unpacking, and installation of battery module plant equipment, and production line installations for our customers and end-users. Bags produced may vary but typically include:
- Assemble mechanical parts into subassemblies
- Assemble, fit and install prefabricated parts to form subassemblies or finished products
- Assemble or connect mechanical components
- Fasten parts together using fastening and joining equipment
- Inspect finished products for proper functioning
- Check mechanical assemblies and subassemblies for alignment and proper functioning
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), GHS Certificate
- Forklift Operator Certification
- MOL Health and Safety 4 steps
- Counterbalance lift truck operation experience
- Aerial Lift Platform experience is not a mandatory.
·Ability to follow detailed work instructions and complete detailed tasks within established time frames.
·Ability to use production tools and equipment as prescribed by supervisors.
·Follow all safety rules and procedures established by the company.
·Maintain a good housekeeping appearance at all times.
·Must follow all safety rules and regulations of the company. Must be able to follow all instructions on output sheets. Must be able to follow all safety rules and regulations of the state/local government/agency as well as any other safety rules applicable to the position.
·All employees must be able to understand instructions given for assembly tasks. Must be able to follow directions for assembly given for specific assembly tasks. All employees must be able to follow any safety rules or regulations applicable to their position.
Security and safety
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
- Public transportation is not available
- Willing to travel
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Fast-paced environment
- Overtime required
- Team player
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Life insurance
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$28.85 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Every Weekend
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Windsor, ON N8N 5E8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Assembly: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-02