Location: Burnaby - Brentwood
Like WCG, you believe in the power of work to transform lives. As a Job Developer, you’ll be responsible for responsible for providing individualized services to employers and clients to achieve Labour Market Attachment for clients who are unlikely to find work through self-marketing efforts to employers. Job development services provide clients with direct support to negotiate with employers for new job opportunities that may exist or be developed (carved) from existing job descriptions based on the needs, skills and abilities of the client and individual employer needs.
- Evaluate Client eligibility for Wage Subsidy Services and assess employer eligibility
- Determine the amount and terms of the Work Experience Agreement with an eligible Employer based on individual Client needs in relation to the placement
- Ensure employer has attested in the application to being compliant with all applicable legislation
- Ensure employer has appropriate insurance in place, including general liability and an active WorkSafeBC account in good standing before Client starts the Wage Subsidy placement
- Monitor wage subsidy placement to ensure training agreed to is being provided
- Eligibility determination – provide assessment services to determine the need for job development services. Assessment findings and a rationale detailing the need for job development services must be detailed within the Clients ICM case file
- Develop a plan that details the activities the client will undertake while participating in job development services. The plan must include the level of follow-up determined appropriate prior to providing this intensive level of service
- Demonstrated experience in conducting and interpreting Client Needs Assessments; coaching and mentoring clients; working with individuals with complex barriers and a broad range of cultural backgrounds; and building partnerships with employers, community agencies, and other stakeholders
- Experience in effectively marketing clients, including specialized population clients, and explaining the benefits to employers
- Strong ability to market Centre employment services to potential employers or/or employer related forums, for example, Chamber of Commerce, employer networking linkages
- Ability to take a unique approach in coming up with ideas to meet client employment placement needs
- Experience in assessing the needs of an employer and a client and making an effective match
- Strong digital literacy skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid understanding of confidentiality and other professional codes of conduct; must submit for a criminal record check
- Ability to work outside require business hours, including in shifts and evenings
- Flexibility and the ability to work in different locations in the Burnaby catchment as required
- Competitive salary of $50,365 to $60,941 per year
- Comprehensive and flexible health and dental benefits
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Generous time off policy to encourage work/life balance
- A diverse and inclusive workplace with a track record of high employee engagement and teamwork
For complete job requirements, see the full Job Description here.
If you don’t quite have the above credentials but feel passionate about this role and your ability to do it successfully, please APPLY ANYHOW! Tell us in your application why you believe you would be a great fit. We believe in developing talent and have a wide range of opportunities to support passionate team members as they grow towards their employment goals.
WCG is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to achieving a workplace that is equitable and representative of Canada’s diverse population. We actively work to attract, develop, and retain employees from diverse and equity-deserving backgrounds who have exceptional ability and the desire to make a difference. We continuously strive to support individual needs and differences in a work environment that is built on inclusivity and respect for everyone.
WCG is committed to providing an accessible, barrier free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise us if you require accommodation in advance of any part of the recruitment and selection process.