UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES AHEAD.
Position: Parts Driver
Dealership: Mercedes-Benz Surrey
We are proud of our forward-thinking culture developed over 40 years of continuous improvement initiatives. OpenRoad is one of the largest and fastest-growing automotive retail groups in the country (representing 21 automotive brands across 34 locations) with a shared vision to become the national automotive leader in customer experience. As one of Canada’s Best Employers and Best Managed Companies, we are looking for team players who are excited to continually learn, work hard, and take ownership of their role.
A Career at OpenRoad Means You’ll Enjoy:
Opportunity to work with a variety of OEM BRANDS including Acura Audi, BMW, Genesis, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen
- Amazing Incentives including but not limited to Discounted Vehicle Purchasing Program, Footwear Subsidy, Computer Rebate Program, Employee Referral Program, Employer RRSP Matching, & a Tool Allowance.
- Internal and external, training & development opportunities for skill development and growth
- Be part of collaborative, friendly, and progressive work culture with an emphasis on transparency, innovation, relationship, and empowerment
- Comprehensive Extended Health and Dental plan, tailored toward Associate wellness
- Recognition and Engagement Events
- And more!
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Greet parts customers and vendors in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Delivering and retrieving parts and equipment to and from customers and vendors in a timely manner consistent with department schedule.
- Offer appropriate advice on parts and accessories to customer inquiries during delivery, and report concerns to manager when necessary.
- Coordinate with Parts Manager and Parts Counter Associate prior to picking up parts and equipment from customers and vendors.
- Document and report any customer complaints that cannot be satisfied at the Parts Driver level, and refer each situation back to the Parts Manager for assistance.
- Help maintain the professional appearance of the Parts Department by basic upkeep of the parts truck ensuring cleanliness and tidiness, along with helping keep the department in a presentable manner at all times.
- Report any maintenance required on the parts truck immediately.
- Basic upkeep of the parts truck ensuring cleanliness and tidiness to ensure it is presentable.
- Lifting of heavy parts and/or cartons when assigned.
- Must follow company safety policies and practices, and immediately, report any and all accidents to a Manager/Supervisor.
- This position will be expected to perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Other duties as assigned at the direction of the Parts Manager.
- OpenRoad reserves the right to modify this job description as business needs require.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Strong customer relation skills, and maintaining a friendly and positive attitude.
- Thorough understanding of the Lower Mainland and strong ability to read maps.
- Working knowledge of automotive equipment parts and accessories.
- Current knowledge of local sources of supply.
- Self-directed, requiring minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to effectively work against deadlines.
- Knowledge of techniques for receiving, storing, and issuing parts and supplies.
- Ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- A valid British Columbia driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must possess a Class 5 British Columbia driver’s license, with a minimum of 2 years driving experience and clean driving record.
- A thorough understanding of the Lower Mainland and the ability to read maps.
Internal Candidates MUST apply by filling out the Internal Endorsement Form on the Intranet. Failure to complete the form will cause a delay in your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity. We stand behind the growth of our associates to help them achieve their vision and goals.
JOIN US AND GROW WITH US!
We thank all those that have applied. Only those considered for the position will be contacted.