Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
On Call: No
Location: The candidate must reside in the province of Ontario or Nova Scotia.
The position is remote but does require on-site attendance periodically in sites across Ontario or NS. The Ontario candidate must be within commuting distance of the data center in Toronto.
The Systems Administrator IT works with the Sr System/Network administrator and Manager of IT operations to maintain and enhance all network infrastructures at VON. This includes overseeing all servers, email platforms, Master Data Management (MDMs), firewalls, switches, and other equipment\systems.
- Maintains the network infrastructure including all servers, firewalls, switches, and other equipment.
- Upgrades network components as newer technology becomes available.
- Back up servers and restore data when required.
- Updates Cisco ASA firewalls and Switch configurations as needed.
- Oversees Antivirus protection for all computers and servers.
- Manages Microsoft Exchange servers with advanced server configurations.
- Assists with mailbox administration and migrations across separate environments.
- Supports Windows 2012 / 2016 Servers in a Hyper-V clustered environment.
- Manages user access, privileges, and security.
- Oversees patch management process for all servers and workstations.
- Supports, maintains, and administers third-party applications and devices.
- Supports MDM applications such as Airwatch and has an understanding of other industry-standard MDM platforms.
- Responds to any server issues including Mailbox server failover and cluster management.
- Administrates and evaluates anti-spam and anti-virus products.
- Works as a technical resource on assigned projects.
- Maintains appropriate documentation.
Education, Designations, and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience working in the information technology field as a Systems Administrator.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 / 2016 required.
- Experience with Exchange 2010 / 2013 / 2016 required.
- Experience with Active Directory administration.
- Experience with Veeam backup software.
- Experience with Palo Alto is considered an asset.
- Cisco ASA firewall administration (CCNA or CCIE) is required.
- Detailed knowledge of MTA, DNS and SMTP Protocols.
- Certification or training for AirWatch MDM platforms.
- Basic understanding of ISP whitelisting, feedback loops, greylist compliance and preventing blacklisting.
- Familiarity with Exchange APIs.
- Microsoft Exchange Server Certification MCITP an asset.
- Must be willing to work outside of regular business hours as needed for migrations, system upgrades, and other activities where required.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle are required
About us: VON is a non-profit organization that provides clinical, personal, and social support to people who want to live every day to the fullest while remaining in their own homes and communities
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD) & an Employee Assistance Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company contribution
- Opportunity to use your skills and expand your knowledge
- The opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Work with an organization that is 125 years strong
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.