Since 1994, Navitas has been a respected leader in global higher education. As pioneers in the university pathway sector, we have trusted partnerships with more than 30 forward-thinking universities in Australia, New Zealand, United States, Canada, United Kingdom, The Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, Singapore, and Sri Lanka. We provide our partners with access to resources and expertise to help drive large-scale initiatives that provide tangible, lasting benefits to students, faculty, staff, and local communities.
Navitas is seeking to employ a Front End Web Developer to join our North American team in Burnaby, BC (Hybrid) on a 1-year contract.
The Front End Web Developer is responsible for providing high quality customer services to all Navitas North America based businesses and divisions reporting to Software Developer, North America. Amongst other responsibilities, duties include developing web/services, documenting, and maintaining online services.
- Development, analysis, and testing of web application interfaces and supporting services.
- Integration and deployment of front-end applications and tools.
- Documenting and maintaining a library of processes and guides.
- Contributing to Navitas projects as required.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field.
- 3+ years’ experience in a development role.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in React
- Experience in Bootstrap, Figma, SASS/LESS
- Working knowledge of Git
- Proficiency in Web Services standards and technologies (XML, SOAP, WSDL, REST, JSON etc.).
- Working Knowledge of RESTful web services
- High degree of experience with contentment management systems (WordPress, Drupal, etc.)
- Solid analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to present a portfolio upon request.
- Experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD etc. considered an asset.
- Experience in MSSQL and MySQL nice to have.
- Experience in AWS or Azure a strong plus.
- Experience working in a distributed office environment, domestically or regionally.
What We Offer
Navitas is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
What We Require
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks, which includes criminal background and professional reference checks.