At Parkland, our purpose is to Power Journeys & Energize Communities. We are a prominent independent supplier and marketer of fuel and petroleum products and a leading convenience store operator. As One Parkland team, we proudly serve diverse retail, commercial and wholesale customers across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean region, and South America. We power a growing family of locally known brands including Ultramar, Bluewave Energy, Pipeline, Chevron, Columbia Fuels, Island Petroleum, and Sparlings Propane.
We recognize that diversity gives us an edge and inclusion propels us forward. We’re also a passionate team of down-to-earth achievers, committed to getting our customers, colleagues and communities further, faster. As such, we welcome talented individuals that have a variety of perspectives, backgrounds, and industry experience who will contribute to the success of our One Parkland team.
Position Title: Operations Manager
Team and Location: Charlottetown, Island Petroleum
Minimum Starting Salary: $65,200/year
The Operations Manager role is responsible for the overall performance of the business unit meeting key corporate goals and objectives. Supervises day-to-day operations and generates sales revenue by managing current customer relationships and calling on prospective customers.
- Ensure Health, Safety & Environmental policies are adhered to and all employees abide by hours of work and safe work practices.
- Provides coaching and development of the team, ensures good succession planning.
- Ensures a good work environment for employees consistent with Parkland’s values, policies and best practices.
- Supervises day-to-day operations of the branch to ensure all tasks are conducted correctly and efficiently.
- Works with Territory Manager to analyze and review branch finances and operations to optimize productivity and costs.
- Manages current customer relationship.
- Coordinates - conducts product ordering for the branch when supply is low and manages the product inventory to ensure the supply is replenished when needed. Oversees the monthly inventory process to ensure all product balances properly.
- Provides product knowledge and solutions to customers and employees when needed.
- Oversees the maintenance of property and equipment at the branch to ensure everything is accounted for and remains in working order.
- Liaises with various parties on a regular basis including the Territory Manager, other branches, and internal departments including Pricing and Credit.
- Participates in Parkland’s request for quotation and request for proposal processes by working through various channels to create and complete a company bid; analyzes the success of the process and uses similar channels to setup accounts.
- Addresses all customer issues involving pricing and deliveries by reviewing details relevant to the situation and listening to customer complaints, ensuring that the discussion is calm and under control; develops a solution that meets the customer’s needs in order to maintain the business relationship.
- Assigns, checks, coordinates, and schedules the work of employees (including leaves, vacations etc.); interviews prospective employees, recommends candidates, and hires new employees; disciplines subordinates and conducts employee appraisals; establishes work priorities and determines staff requirements.
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree and/or 5+ years progressive experience with a focus in operations management, business accounting, marketing, and sales.
- Industry knowledge relating to energy distribution desired.
- Must have experience leading and supervising a team.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven leadership ability while maintaining a pleasant and friendly manner is necessary.
- Experience working with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Safety Oriented.
- Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. Parkland regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
- Parkland Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We strive to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. Parkland Corporation will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.
- Please note that final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a confidential pre-employment background check which may include but not be limited to educational, criminal, credit, drug and alcohol and/or Fitness for Duty testing.
This position will close when a successful candidate is found or on September 22, 2023.