Durward Jones Barkwell is one of the largest public accounting firms in the Niagara/Hamilton/Halton region with offices spanning from Burlington to Welland. The firm was founded in 1940 and features a dynamic group of professionals including over 40 Partners and Managers combined.
"Big enough to know, small enough to care." At DJB, these are the words we live by. We value our clients and taking care of their unique needs is what drives our business. As part of our team, you will realize that to us nothing is trivial. We have the experience to handle any situation from complex mergers and acquisitions to assisting new entrepreneurs through the many facets of starting a small business. We do all this while remaining personally involved with our clients and the communities where we work and live.
As one of Hamilton-Niagara’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers for 2023, we lead in offering our employees an exceptional place to work. We offer all of our employees:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Flexible work/life balance and summer hours
- Professional development, learning, and growth support
- A variety of community involvement opportunities
Our Burlington office has an immediate opening for a full-time Administrative Assistant - Receptionist.
Reporting to Partners and Managers, you will be responsible for:
- Portraying a professional business image by promptly and courteously satisfying the needs of our clients in person, through email and over the phone
- Answering incoming calls on a multi-line system, and relaying messages to ensure clients receive prompt replies and a high quality of service
- Assembling financial statements, corporate and personal tax returns, other tax filings, and preparing enclosure letters and other correspondence
- Preparing and performing bank deposits, opening and distributing mail, arranging courier pick-ups and deliveries
- Assisting with attending to the bank and post office daily to make deposits and pick-up and post mail as required
- Preparing of billing invoices and production WIP reports related to billing
- Assisting with preparing accounts receivable adjustments, credit notes and write offs
- Assisting with the maintenance of client management system
- Performing electronic archiving of year end files and other filing as required
- Assisting with other tasks as required
The successful candidate will have:
- Successful completion of a Business or Office Administration program, or equivalent experience is an asset
- Previous experience in a professional services firm and a familiarity with accounting is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with an aptitude to learn standard Firm software and other relevant applicants and technical/office equipment
- The ability to multi-task and meet multiple and/or unexpected deadlines in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
If you are a confident, dedicated and hard working professional who is motivated to achieve high standards of quality service and value to clients, we would we love to hear from you!
We appreciate all who express interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, DJB will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. Please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.