Durward Jones Barkwell is one of the largest public accounting firms in the Niagara/Hamilton/Halton region, with offices spanning from Burlington to Welland. The firm was founded in 1940 and features a dynamic group of professionals.
"Big enough to know, small enough to care." At DJB, these are the words we live by. We value our clients and taking care of their unique needs is what drives our business. As part of our team, you will realize that to us nothing is trivial. We have the experience to handle any situation from complex mergers and acquisitions to assisting new entrepreneurs through the many facets of starting a small business. We do all this while remaining personally involved with our clients and the communities where we work and live.
As one of Hamilton-Niagara’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers for 2023, we lead in offering our employees an exceptional place to work. We offer all of our employees:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Flexible work-life balance and summer hours
- Professional development, learning, and growth support
- A variety of community involvement opportunities
Our Burlington office has an immediate opening for a full-time Accounting Technician.
Reporting to Partners and Managers, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining books of accounts, journal entries, and reconciliations;
- Supporting clients with bookkeeping assistance;
- Providing assistance and troubleshooting through accounting software issues;
- Calculating and preparing GST/HST, payroll, and other government remittances;
- Preparing T4’s, T4A’s, and T5018’s;
- Completing WSIB and EHT filings;
- Recording investments either using Excel or using specific software program;
- Preparing personal income tax returns.
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education, with a focus on accounting preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a public accounting firm preferred
- Bookkeeping experience
- Knowledge of QuickBooks (Online and Desktop) is required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
If you are a confident, dedicated, and hard-working professional who is motivated to achieve high standards of quality service and value to clients, we would love to hear from you!
We appreciate all who express interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, DJB will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. Please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.