West Coast Reduction Ltd. - Nothing Left Behind*. At West Coast Reduction, nothing is important to us. Because when there’s nothing left – that is when we’ve done our job. We collect food waste and by-products from food producers, like farms, restaurants, bakeries and even supermarkets, transforming them into ingredients used in animal feed, renewable energy and thousands of other products we use every day. Our efforts contribute to a sustainable local food supply, and help us all live in cleaner and healthier communities. Visit www.wcrl.com to learn more.
Based at our Vancouver location near Venables Street and Clark Drive, the Class 5 Grease Trap Service is responsible for safely operating company vehicles while following instructions or scheduled routes from the Fleet Dispatcher and Fleet Superintendent. The role requires the delivery of exceptional customer service when servicing grease traps. Often viewed as the face of the company, drivers are expected to act professionally both on the road and at locations of service when dealing with customers and the public.
Take a look at our About Us video for a glimpse of our truck maintenance shop area and company-owned fleet vehicles: https://vimeo.com/396483325.
The position reports directly to the Fleet Superintendent and is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Drive scheduled routes based on instructions from the Fleet Dispatcher and/or Fleet Superintendent to collect grease trap materials at customer’s locations
- Service grease traps and empty grease trap trucks as required
- Maintain tools and equipment (hoses, grease trap tools, wands, etc.), and spill response kits
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Report issues or concerns related to vehicle maintenance, damaged traps and/or equipment or Customer to the Fleet Maintenance / Dispatcher in a timely manner
- Operate all equipment safely and efficiently
- Follow safety protocols and other procedures as dictated by WCRL or the customer’s requirements
- Perform shift work based on company business needs which evolve and change in response to customer demands
- Work overtime as instructed to ensure minimal downtime of facilities
- Adhere to the company Code of Conduct and all West Coast Reduction Ltd. policies
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor
- Possession of a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence with a clean abstract
- Strong knowledge of Greater Vancouver / Lower Mainland area
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal, with excellent communication skills
- Ability to frequently move, carry, lift, push and pull equipment such as grease trap lids, up to 50 lbs, without assistance and occasionally greater with assistance
- Perform repetitive motions including bending, kneeling, crouching, climbing and reaching overhead above the shoulders daily
- Adaptable to adverse conditions including confined space, heights, cold weather, odours and exposure to animal by-products
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
- Join a stable career with a reputable, family-owned company of more than 450 employees across 3 provinces
- Continuous training and development support available
- Full compensation package offered including extended health benefits and generous RRSP matching
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application via the "Apply Now" link below.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this opportunity, however, only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.