Are you looking for a rewarding career in the unique industry of shipbuilding? Do you want to work for a well-managed company that puts people first? If you are looking for a career that’s more about making a life than simply making a living, then come aboard the Genoa team! Genoa Design is currently looking for a Learning and Development Specialist to join its in-office team in Mount Pearl, NL!
WHO WE ARE
Genoa Design International has been providing production design and 3D modeling services to shipbuilding and offshore industries from here in Newfoundland and Labrador since 1995. In that time, we’ve become one of the most sought-after production design firms in the North American shipbuilding market.
With collaboration as the cornerstone of our work, we approach every day with a focus on our core values: Put People First, Create Lasting Relationships, Make a Difference, Own It, Live Well, and Never Stand Still. Our customers tell us that our employees’ everyday demonstration of our values sets Genoa apart from competitors.
With a team of designers, engineers, naval architects, administrators, and technical support staff dispersed between locations, Genoa provides expertise and dedicated support throughout the shipbuilding process. Currently, Genoa is active in major government initiatives such as Canada’s National Shipbuilding Strategy (NSS) and in commercial contracts in shipyards throughout North America.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Academy provides educational services to various departments within Genoa. In this role, you will be part of the Academy team, who are responsible for the design, development, and delivery of technical, and sometimes, non-technical, curriculum. With a solid understanding of naval architecture and/or marine/mechanical engineering systems and production design, you will present course material to employees through a blended classroom approach, one-on-one coaching, using latest technologies and instructional methods.
- Develop and design technical training programs tailored to the needs of the project teams.
- Deliver engaging and effective training sessions covering software tools, industry-specific techniques, and best practices.
- Support onboarding of new employees, providing comprehensive training to ensure successful integration into the team.
- Assess training needs and continuously improve training programs to align with industry trends and company goals.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and stakeholders to ensure training content accuracy and relevance.
- Provide ongoing support and coaching to employees to reinforce learning and address challenges.
- Measure the effectiveness of training through assessments, feedback, and performance evaluations.
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and industry events to stay updated on the latest trends and technologies.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and knowledge-sharing within the organization.
- Maintain training records to track skill development and comply with training requirements.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
The ideal candidate will have at least 8+ years of experience in developing and facilitating training programs with a proven aptitude to train, coach, evaluate, and improve others.
- A degree or diploma in naval architecture and/or marine/mechanical engineering systems and/or production design, or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD and experience in 3D design is required.
- Proficiency in ShipConstructor or prior hands-on experience with ShipConstructor software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint.
- Experience in Navisworks, AVEVA, Cadmatic, and/or other related software would be an asset.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Organized and detail-oriented, with a focus on delivering high-quality training materials.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt training content for different learning styles and skill levels.
- Solid experience with learning, development and facilitation.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and relationships with employees and stakeholders.
- Capability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to address challenges in a dynamic environment.
- Occasional travel may be required.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
We’re making waves! Genoa’s powerhouse is our people who are both passionate about our projects and motivated to deliver superior results. The Genoa formula is simple: Put People First. Drive the 3D Model. And never, ever stand still. Our quest for quality and continuous improvement is at the heart of all we do.
At Genoa, we take caring for our people seriously! We’re committed to creating and maintaining a 5-star workplace. Here are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
- Attractive compensation package.
- RRSP matching program.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program.
- Vacation and discretionary days.
BUT WAIT … THERE’S MORE
- A flexible work schedule.
- Modern, yet comfortable office space.
- Engaging team builder activities.
- Rewards and recognition for a job-well done.
- An employee wellness program to spend on whatever makes you happy.
- A minimum of 8 volunteer hours each year to support causes that matter to you and community engagement opportunities.
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity with our award-winning in-house Academy; offering advanced technical training along with the diverse soft skills needed to stay ahead of the curve and confident in your role.
EMBRACING A SEA OF DIFFERENCES
At Genoa Design, we strive to create a supportive and inclusive environment and are committed to ensuring that our people feel comfortable to be their truest selves at work. This commitment is built into our core values and our passion to embrace a person’s unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to building a diverse team and promoting a sense of belonging. We achieve this through encouraging our people to voice their ideas and opinions, celebrating one another’s contributions, and engaging with the communities in which we live and industries we serve.
We know it’s rare for someone to meet 100% of the qualifications and you don’t need all the listed credentials to add incredible value to the team. We also know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting amazing candidates like you. If you are an initiative-taking individual and are prepared to meet the tasks as outlined above, apply in strictest confidence today!
Please submit your application through Genoa’s careers webpage: https://genoadesign.com/careers/
If you require assistance in completing your application or need any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please email your request to [email protected]
and we would be happy to assist!