We’re looking for a hands-on Technical Lead who will report to the VP of Engineering and will play an integral role in making Proposify's product world-class.
You’re a stand-out developer; an expert in system design, understanding scale, architecture, operational concerns, and the compromises inherent in different technical approaches.
You’re also a leader with a strong sense of urgency, and bias towards action. You have the communication and teamwork skills to clearly convey complex technical details, and positively influence and motivate your team to outstanding results.
What You’ll Do (and love doing):
- You’re a force multiplier. You thrive on moving fast, and elevating your team.
- You work to understand the product from the customer’s point of view and brings creative and innovative solutions to life in order to propel customer value forward
- You deliver, receive and implement constructive feedback in a team-based environment
- You help to level-up less experienced engineers.
- You advocate for best practices.
- You lead and refine squad work prioritization and agile processes, leveraging data-driven metrics to find and capitalize on opportunities to get better, and faster.
- You live and breathe Proposify’s core values.
- You engage and collaborate with the rest of the Engineering leadership team with the goal of continuous improvement.
- You perform coding tasks efficiently, to high levels of quality, and with concise documentation;
- You participate in infrastructure changes and maintenance as required;
What We’ll Love About You:
- Experience working with React at scale, as well as experience communicating to Back End API services from React.
- Familiarity with common React tools such as Redux, Webpack, Enzyme and/or Flux.
- An understanding of common programming paradigms and fundamental React principles, such as React components, hooks, and the React lifecycle.
- Proven experience with Front End architecture and design for complex systems, and the ability to explain design considerations and trade-offs.
- Experience integrating and working with 3rd party front end libraries
- Experience implementing design systems using best practices, preferably implementing and supporting a custom design system.
- Mastery of modern development best practices, and the tools needed to build, deploy and release world class solutions to our customers.
- Experience working within a startup environment
- Someone who can quickly establish what the problem is and then quickly transition to finding solutions
- Relentlessly curious, with an internal excitement for learning and testing new technologies
- A clear communicator both verbally and with documentation
- A leader by default, who leads by example
What You’ll Love About Us:
While Proposify world headquarters is in Halifax, Nova Scotia, we are a 100% remote company with employees working from all over the world. We’ve invested in all of the systems and tools that make remote work enjoyable, productive, and connected.
People feel empowered to do their best work and test out ideas. They don’t just ask ‘Why?’ but try ‘Why not?’ We are a team that embraces the new, the maybe, the unknown because we know that’s where growth lies; just beyond our comfort zone, just beyond what the experts say, and way beyond the way- we’ve-always-done-things.
Everyone is a leader in their role and has the autonomy and responsibility to contribute, to change, and to challenge. We don’t care how many hours people work, we care about the quality and impact of their work.
We get shit done. We get shit done fast. We are not a static company; we are moving forward and continually evolving to make things better for our business and the businesses of our customers.
We have flex hours so employees can design their day to work when they’re most productive, and allow for time each day to spend with family and friends, take advantage of nice weather, focus on wellness, and pursue their hobbies and passions.
- Company provided and paid health benefits from the day you start.
- RRSP matching program from the day you start with no resting period.
- 3 weeks of vacation to start; paid sick leave; personal days; company wide end of year break.
- Brightpass (free online fitness and wellness courses).
- Flexible working hours.
Job Type: Full-time