Annual Giving & Community Engagement Officer - Foundation
Full Time Permanent
Ensuring access to essential, life-saving care and equipment and excellence in patient care. That’s what empowers the St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital (STEGH) Foundation team every day. Together, we support our Hospital through fundraising and help provide the heartfelt healthcare our incredible, tight-knit community deserves.
STEGH Foundation was established 1986. Since this time, over $46 million has been invested into St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital (STEGH). STEGH Foundation mobilizes, connects and stewards the community’s philanthropic investments by raising awareness, and supports health care excellence and state-of-the-art equipment, staff education and capital infrastructure technology focused on patient-centered care at STEGH.
To meet the needs of health care delivery today and into the future, STEGH Foundation continues to strategically plan to ensure our hospital’s healthcare teams have the equipment, facilities and resources necessary to respond to the needs of patients and their families so they can receive care close to home.
STEGH Foundation is currently in the early stages of the Transforming Tomorrow (Diagnostic Imaging Campaign), which is an $8 million fundraising campaign to support the purchase and installation of a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) machine and the enhancement and expansion of the entire Diagnostic Imaging (DI) Suite, making upgrades to the CT, nuclear medicine, x-ray and ultrasound facilities.
Mission, Vision and Values
Mission – To partner with the community to support OUR Hospital in the delivery of an excellent patient care experience
Vision – To inspire a lifetime of philanthropic support for our Hospital
Values – Integrity, Leadership, Community and Results
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Annual Giving & Community Engagement Officer will be responsible for the strategic development, planning and implementation, designing and evaluating all components of the Foundation’s comprehensive Annual Giving Programs including: Donor Renewal/Upgrade, Lapsed Reactivation, Donor/Patient Acquisition, Monthly Giving (including STEGH Staff), of the Annual Giving (Direct Marketing) Program at STEGH Foundation by mail, phone, online through email and social targeting those with a capacity of $10,000 or less.
One of the key functions of this position is to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward individuals, corporations and special groups through the identified strategies in the Annual Business Plan.
The Annual Giving & Community Engagement Officer will serve as the key liaison with vendors to ensure effective strategy development and execution of these important programs. A key deliverable for this position is to ensure optimal integration of the Direct Marketing Programs to maximize philanthropic support.
The individual in this role will utilize data analysis and segmentation tools to conceive of, and develop a donor development strategy that touches all of St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital Foundation’s Annual Giving donors across all channels and giving types. This individual will assess donor groups and channels and work with the Director of Development to develop key performance indicators for the organization’s Annual Giving Program.
Along with this, the individual will understand how to effectively measure the long-term value of donors and develop plans that maintain long-term revenue goals. In order to execute these plans, the individual will understand the different metrics available to measure the success of the program and how to best strategize further growth.
In addition, the Annual Giving & Community Engagement Officer works in collaboration with the Foundation team and community partners on the development and growth of peer-to-peer community fundraising events. The portfolio also includes managing the online 50/50 raffle, as well as stewarding relationships with community event hosts, community groups, service clubs, businesses and individual donors.
- Serves as the key liaison with STEGH Foundation’s external vendors for the Annual Giving portfolio and community partners.
- Works actively and collaboratively to develop, plan and execute the Annual Giving Program including the direct marketing strategies.
- Regularly engages with external vendors during campaigns and provides regular updates/reports related to campaign(s) to Director of Development and Executive Director.
- Develops and maintains a good working knowledge of all of the hospital fundraising priorities.
- Ensures the appropriate, meaningful and engaging stewardship of annual donors.
- Utilizes advanced data analysis via established platforms to identify opportunities of growth, with a specific focus on integrating the Programs.
- Analyzes and assists in preparing annual business plans and budgets.
- Ensures donor database (Raiser’s Edge) is updated with timely and accurate information.
- Works as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conducts role with integrity and respect.
- Ambassador within the community representing the Hospital and Foundation.
- Abides by the policies and procedures of STEGH Foundation and STEGH.
- Abides by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, working in a manner that is safe and reports incidents immediately to direct supervisor.
Other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital Foundation.
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Post-secondary education: university degree, college diploma in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Additional studies in fundraising through a recognized program considered an asset.
- Minimum 3-5 years of direct fundraising experience including experience with implementing direct mail, online and tele-fundraising and data segmentation programs.
- Highly organized; takes initiative; detail oriented; works independently; problem solver; self-starter.
- Proficient in the use of all computer productivity tools including: Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Able to work independently and effectively on a variety of priority projects with competing deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; must be articulate and confident in written and verbal communication.
Ability to work effectively as part of a fundraising team.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and good judgment, take initiative and respect the confidentiality of sensitive information and materials.
- Knowledge and experience in the healthcare sector considered an asset
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of the organization at STEGH Foundation and STEGH, members of the public and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
The Annual Giving & Community Engagement Officer works 37.5 hours per week in a hospital office environment. Occasional work outside of regular office hours will be required during periods of peak activity and at special events. Work will require travel within Elgin County and London area.
St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital Foundation is committed to a barrier-free respectful, accessible and inclusive work place. Upon individual request, the Foundation will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants who apply for this position, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information will only be used for candidate selection.