Do you love helping people? Do you find it fulfilling when you are able to solve a problem for someone? If so, we'd like to hear from you.
BIS Safety Software is a fast-paced, high-growth organization providing leading software for the safety industry. We are expanding our team and are looking to add a positive, upbeat team member who cares deeply about delivering amazing customer service.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service that includes software support for our users, ongoing training and support for system administrators, and technical support for our resellers. Essentially, you will be the first point of contact when a user needs technical assistance.
What you bring to the table:
- A minimum of 2 years experience delivering exceptional customer service
- Enjoy working with people, helping to solve their problems
- Possess excellent listening skills
- Work well independently as well as being a great team player
- Exhibit great leadership qualities, acting as a mentor to other team members
- Display a positive and friendly demeanor when dealing with customers over the phone
- Possess strong computing skills (you need a strong understanding of computer programs and how they work)
- Handle complex inquiries independently
- Thrive in a busy environment
- Demonstrate advanced customer service skills
- View inquiries as opportunities to exceed customer expectations
- Consistently maintain a positive attitude
- Have strong English written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Providing outstanding technical support for customers
- Responding to telephone and email inquiries from individuals utilizing our online software
- Following up on customer requests to ensure complete handling of the caller’s inquiry
- Creating cases for new features and solutions for our development team to implement
- Testing cases released by the development team to ensure proper functioning
- Making suggestions for ways of improving workflows and processes
- Recording and forwarding customer feedback to the appropriate areas
- Educating and providing training to customers on using various aspects of the software
- Tracking frequent call types for discussion during weekly meetings
- Participating in daily team meetings
Bonus points if you have (these are assets, but not required):
- Experience as a team lead or supervisor in a previous role
- Experience in providing technical support for software providers
- Spanish or French language skills
Salary ranges are based on experience, reflecting the unique skillset each individual brings to the role. In addition to this salary, we offer full medical (health, dental, and vision) coverage as well as life insurance and disability insurance.
Why join us?
At BIS, we pride ourselves in being very entrepreneurial in nature. Our office is an open environment that lends itself to collaboration and organic learning. We integrate new ideas and best practices quickly when they further the development of our software and company. This flexibility is a key part of our culture and a reflection of our insightful and collaborative team.
Another key part of our culture is our purposeful avoidance of titles. We don’t use titles as they don’t reflect the value we place in humility. In our eyes, all team members are valuable, everyone is willing to help accomplish goals, and everyone is driven to take their role one step further, so we don’t need titles!
We'd love to hear from you!*
If this describes you, please submit a creative application that is sure to grab our attention. Submit your résumé and cover letter in confidence through this posting.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$24.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Work Location: In person