Durward Jones Barkwell is one of the largest public accounting firms in the Niagara/Hamilton/Halton region with offices spanning from Burlington to Welland. The firm was founded in 1940 and features a dynamic group of professionals.
"Big enough to know, small enough to care." At DJB, these are the words we live by. We value our clients and taking care of their unique needs is what drives our business. As part of our team, you will realize that to us nothing is trivial. We have the experience to handle any situation from complex mergers and acquisitions to assisting new entrepreneurs through the many facets of starting a small business. We do all this while remaining personally involved with our clients and the communities where we work and live.
As one of Hamilton-Niagara’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers for 2023, we lead in offering our employees an exceptional place to work. We offer all of our employees:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Flexible work-life balance and summer hours
- Professional development, learning, and growth support
- A variety of community involvement opportunities
Our Burlington office has an immediate opening for a full-time Junior Staff Accountant, US Tax.
Reporting to Partners and Managers, you will be responsible for:
- Being a contributor to the growth of the US Tax Group, and contributing to client service initiatives
- Preparing all types of US tax returns, including personal and corporate returns
- Providing technical support on US personal and corporate tax projects
- Researching and interpreting US tax legislation, formulating solutions, and providing suggestions
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or a related equivalent
- Experience in US tax considered an asset
- Canadian Chartered Professional Accountant Designation (CPA, CA) or US CPA or in pursuit of the designation
- A willingness to learn the US tax system and US tax return preparation
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
If you are a confident, dedicated and hardworking professional who is motivated to achieve high standards of quality service and value to clients, we would we love to hear from you!
We appreciate all who express interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, DJB will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. Please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.