The Box Office Supervisor of Licensee Events assists the Associate Manager, Ticketing Services and Operations with ticketed rental events. This position will support a ticketing operation that emphasizes customer service and meets the needs of The Royal Conservatory, its presenters and patrons. The ideal candidate is an experienced client facing box office event coordinator and will assist the Associate Manager in the set-up, maintenance, and execution of 150+ ticketed events per year.
- Coordinate and set up events in a computerized ticketing environment.
- In consultation with the Associate Manager of Ticketing Services and Operations, assist with the ongoing liaison with facility renters on all aspects of ticketing such as promotions, coordination of ticket holds/inventory, VIP and consignment ticketing, re-pricing, setup/renewal of subscriptions etc., and any contractual ticket arrangements as directed by the licensee
- By utilizing the Royal Conservatory’s CMS (Content Management System), build new events into the website, and ensuring smooth functionality of the purchase process.
- Working with the box office team, provide assistance with Box Office settlements and reports.
- Coordinate new marketing opportunities for rental clients and organizing the execution of marketing services for licensees, which includes marquee and digital signage, email marketing, and inclusion in The Royal Conservatory Presents program books.
- Support any other responsibilities relating to ticketing services.
- Two to three years’ experience in a performing arts organization, and/or in a box office.
- At least one year experience in a supervisory role leading a team of part time customer service staff.
- Patience, attentiveness and flexibility are important, as are listening, communication and problem solving skills.
- Effective, verbal and written communications skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Outlook and Microsoft Windows software.
- Experience working with computerized ticketing software, especially Spektrix, is an asset
- A strong interest in the performing arts\
The RCM is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the RCM’s Anti-Racism, Access and Equity Policy, accommodation will be provided at any stage of in the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known when they have been contacted for an interview.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and current résumé online (please upload a single file combining both documents) at www.rcmusic.com/about-us/careers-royal-conservatory. Applications will be accepted until the posting deadline of Friday, April 1, 2022.
The RCM thanks all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that this position may be filled prior to the application deadline if a suitable candidate has been identified.