The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the provincial online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and are the exclusive provincial wholesaler to authorized private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
The OCS is looking for a Customer Service Representative (CSR) to join our Omni-Channel Customer Service team. As CSR, you will be the first point of contact for private recreational cannabis retailers and eCommerce customers, and providing customers with high quality, customer-focused service via phone, live chat, and inbound and outbound email communications.
The CSR will assist in end-to-end processing of wholesale/retailer orders, including providing accounts receivable support, monitoring orders, optimizing multi-channel delivery fulfillment, supporting fraud and order management review, Quality Assurance complaint intake and resolution, delivery investigations, wholesale on-boarding and Retailer Contract maintenance, and problem-solving any transactional order concerns.
The CSR will proactively review orders for any on-hold or delayed orders to resolve discrepancies or escalate the order to appropriate internal support and help OCS maintain excellent customer service standards. In addition, the CSR will provide KPIs and trend analysis of OMNI Channel customer interactions and provide recommendations to ensure continuous improvement.
About Your Day
- Cultivate customer service relationship excellence, through managing account needs on an individual, consistent basis. Respond to incoming telephone, email and online live chat inquiries in a professional and engaging manner. Script, deploy and monitor outbound email communications.
- Support customer transactional ordering and fulfillment processes, working with Account Management, Supply Chain, Quality Assurance and Merchandising teams.
- Provide customer with up to date information on product selection and availability, by working with the merchandising and supply chain departments
- Support Account Managers in the on-boarding new customers, ensuring a high standard of customer care. Liaise with AGCO licensing officers, Finance and Legal to ensure accurate retailer contract and account information.
- Assist in the resolution of account/order reconciliation discrepancies (ex. Shipment/delivery concerns, order status updates, inventory errors)
- Assist customers with information, education and FAQ with social responsibility and customer service as the foundation for responses.
- Investigate and work to resolve customer concerns by liaising with OCS internal business partners to provide solutions.
- Monitor OMNI Channel order deck, ensuring orders are tracking for on-time and accurate processing/delivery.
- Proactively investigate orders that are on-hold or appear to have a discrepancy, or require a return, liaising with other teams as needed.
- Resolve simple order challenges (ex. Address errors or typos) and escalate complex order issues to appropriate internal department.
- Completion of Secondary School. Post-secondary education in business, commerce, or related field of study would be an asset.
- 2+ years of Customer Service work experience. Experience with a dedicated client base or in a contact center would be an asset.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in English and French
- This position offers a fully remote work schedule
- When working from home, a reliable internet connection is required. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications and collaboration tools (i.e., MS Teams)
About the Job
- City: Toronto, ON
- Employment Type: 1 Year Fixed-Term Contract, Full-Time (Bargaining Unit Role; Represented by OPSEU)
- Required Travel: Rare, usually within the GTA
- Application Deadline: September 25, 2023 at 11:59PM
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation, please let us know, we will work with you to meet your need.