Classes starting November 20 ! Apply TODAY!
For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers, and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-proﬁt
organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community minded. We’re committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Job Title: Remote Customer Service Representative
Department: Medavie Blue Cross Private Contact Centre
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Remote Manitoba
Salary: Competitive Compensation
Reports To: Team Leader
Motivated by helping others?
In this role you will provide support and service to our members where you will have the opportunity to eﬀectively problem solve and contribute positively to a team environment. Your objective in this role is to ensure that the person making the inquiry receives the highest level of customer service possible. Far from your typical contact center experience – we have some of the highest employee satisfaction scores in the whole company.
- Comprehensive health and dental plan that is 100% employer paid eﬀective on your ﬁrst day Monday to Friday shifts ending at 7pm CST / No overnights / No weekends!
- We oﬀer an extensive virtual paid training program, ensuring you are prepared to take calls Opportunities for career development and advancement
- Emphasis on work life balance, providing wellness beneﬁts, health resources and ﬁtness center discounts
- 4% Bonus which recognizes your contribution to our success
Superstars on our team:
- Reply and support customer calls associated with coverage and payment inquiries relating to health care beneﬁts, payment information, and other general inquiries
- Quickly assess and resolve challenging customer situations and provide eﬀective strategies to each caller
- Are committed to excellence in customer service and always aim for a ﬁrst- call resolution
What you need to succeed:
- You like helping people – this is non-negotiable
- You are a good communicator – through email and phone, you are clear, concise, and friendly Whatever it takes attitude, you like a new challenge every day
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma with post-secondary education or equivalent work experience in customer service
- Ensure you can concentrate, have high attention to detail and be able to sit while using a computer and a headset for prolonged periods of time
- Those who have 2+ years with Contact Centre experience and enjoy this industry have proven to be very successful in our environment
- Strong technical aptitude – you can multitask and navigate between multiple software applications simultaneously while ensuring you continue to support the caller at the same time You can handle the good and challenging calls
- You are a problem-solving master; you understand the callers needs and learn quickly how to get the best results in any environment
- Ability to work independently in a virtual environment while interacting remotely with coworkers and Leaders
- Language Requirement: Must be fluently Bilingual (English and French) both written and verbal in order to provide services to our customers and communicate with internal stakeholders in both official languages
- Training hours: Monday – Friday (8am – 4:30pm Central Standard Time)
- After training you will be provided with a schedule, working 7.5 hours a day, Monday-Friday, Evening shift to start.
- We support customers from coast-to-coast and our core hours are:
- 6am – 8pm Central Standard Time
- 8am – 9pm Atlantic Standard Time
- 8am - 8pm Eastern Standard Time
- We oﬀer a shift-bid option twice a year (depending on business needs) where you will have the opportunity to select an alternate available shift within the core Contact Centre operating hours. This process is based on seniority
Home Oﬃce & Technology Requirements:
- Private working area and a locked oﬃce space
- Distraction-free work environment without any conﬂicting responsibilities during your scheduled work time
- You must connect to an approved home network with an internet provider and be able to meet the minimum internet requirements with a wired Internet connection, capable of continuously supporting excellent call quality and high-speed response rate
- We will provide you with a computer, dual monitors, and a headset for this position. We also provide a webcam that is required to be used for training and team meetings.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Medavie Blue Cross strives to foster a culture where everyone is enabled to achieve their full potential — a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) where we live our values every day in the way we treat each other, our members and the communities we serve. Accessibility is a top priority.
For applicants with disabilities, we provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection
and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staﬀ of the nature of any
accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Segment: Customer Service Representative, Call Center, Equity, Customer Service, Finance