MPM is excited to be offering a unique opportunity for the right individual to join a progressive company. MPM excels at developing Windows-based real-time software applications for the wood processing industry. We have an extensive global customer base that continues to expand, exposing us to new approaches in solving optimization and machine control challenges.
As a software developer at MPM, you will be responsible for developing software primarily in .NET / C# using the latest edition of Microsoft Visual Studio. The software products we create contain a variety of content, including image processing, user interface design, 2D and 3D graphical displays, database management, and reporting systems.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate strong technical skills, as well as possess good interpersonal communication skills. Direct contact with clients in the field is commonplace, and the ability to develop solutions while on site is required. As a large percentage of our clients are outside the Vancouver area, domestic and international travel is required in this position. We have clients as far away as Australia, Japan, Russia, and many parts of Europe.
The successful applicant will have a genuine interest in learning new concepts, developing cutting-edge applications, and applying his/her skills to real production processes located in amazing parts of the world.
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Computing Science or Software Engineering preferred
- Software Systems Developer Certificate will be considered
- Work experience during studies (e.g. co-op or self-guided) will be considered
- Strong math, algorithm development, and problem solving skills
- Excellent command of English language (both written and verbal)
- Fluency in second language is a plus
Beneficial Technical Experience
- .NET / C# programming (C++ is an asset)
- Current Microsoft Windows operating systems
Preferred Industry Experience
- Image processing techniques, applied machine vision, and sensor integration
- Real-time systems and code optimization
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Databases (SQL, Access), and database interface technologies (e.g. ADO)
- Web development (HTML, XML, SOAP, PHP, Java)
- DirectX, Direct3D, OpenGL
- Automation systems, including machine control methods
- Electronics and/or basic understanding of electrical principles
- Manufacturing equipment and mechanical system design
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, blueprints
- Minimum 1 year developing software, preferably using Microsoft Visual Studio
- All necessary requirements to travel globally.